For ten years I have been living with asthma. I am still concerned because of the symptoms. Three years ago I had status asthmaticus and it was dramatic. I fought for the air over 12 hours, it was so awful. I use Ventolin Salbutamol even sometimes I do not need it. Have I become reliant on that sulphate inhaler?

I can see that you are scared, I had similar experience and I know how dangerous that might look. I can freely say that those inhalers are your best friends now and will help you when no one can. I assume that you have developed psychic addiction, because as far as I know there is no physical addiction.

Hi

You may not believe this story but here goes

I have been suffering with Asthma for 56 years and Ventolin ended up my life line. I have been in all sorts of trouble with Doctors etc regarding the use, I purchased them on the Internet and even had them sent from Spain.. I was accused by my Doctors over the year of being an addict. What was a turning point for me was visiting a desert where I found I had not used my Ventolin for days and days with out noticing. On returning to the UK the Ventolin use returned. I explained to Doctors time and time again that a short tightening of the chest was a different symptom that if not treated with Ventolin would invariably lead to a longer term Asthma attack. No one ever understood !

I never believed I would ever be symptom free until I saw my new Asthma nurse who changed my medication. With in days my breathing was normal and I do not use much ventolin now.. I still keep a stockpile in case :-) and I am still to do a full summer pollen season, but so far its like a new life.....

I hope others are encouraged by this, six months ago I would have just not believed this after all these years.....

Cool story, bro. Loved hearing about your experiences. Why don't you tell us about your favorite movie?

... Your post was utterly useless. Changed your medication? To what? Why?

Thanks for nothing, windbag.

What was the medication you were put on?