My friend has used an inhaler since he was 6 or 7 and is now 36. He has just been diagnosed with lung cancer, stage 3b, and his doctors are quite perplexed on how advanced it. Some one told me that they heard of a study of problems with long term inhaler use and the increased risk of lung cancer. Does anyone know of this study or where I can read about it, I haven't had much luck with Google. Thank you.

My grandfather used an inhaler frequently in his later years and got cancer in his tongue/throat. Unfortunately, the treatment failed and was too much for him and he passed away. I have been suspicious of the inhaler since we have no history of this type of thing in our family and my grandfather never smoked and ate/drank all natural produce from trusted sources.

Just curious ~ what kind of inhaler are you using?? I'm Googling Primatene Mist like crazy because my husband has been using it forever, & it's recently come to my attention that it's not the best thing for him. I'm confused at all the different things I'm reading, & whether or not PM is still going to be on store shelves. I've been trying to get him to go to a dr to get something else but he is so stubborn when it comes to his health!

MY COUSIN BROTHER USE INHALERS 3 - 4 TIME DAILY . RECENTLY I CAME TO KNEW FROM A HEALTH JOURNAL THAT USE OF INHALERS WILL LEAD TO LUNG CANCER. IT ALSO HAVE SERIOUS SIDE EFFECTS LIKE ENLARGEMENT AND WEAKENING OF HEART AS WELL AS LUNG MUSCLES , HIVES, INFERTILITY, HORMONE CHANGES, OBESITY , OSTEOPOROSIS ( DECREASED BONE DENSITY), EARLY DIABETICS,  LACK OF MEMORY AND CONCENTRATION, MENTAL DISORDERS ETC.  BEING SO MANY HARMFUL AND SERIOUS SIDE EFFECTS , STILL WHY SCIENTISTS OR MEDICAL EXPERTS DO NOT TAKE INITIATIVE TO DISCOVER SUCH INHALERS WITH MINIMIZED SIDE EFFECTS.

My uncle passed away in 2015 from stage 3 lung cancer. Although he smoked cigarettes during his youth, he had quit for 20 years by the time he was diagnosed. He was also very stubborn and used primatene mist for years, about 3-4 times daily! He lived for about a year or so before losing his battle. It's scary and traumatizing, I was very close to him. If you love the person you are worried about, don't be scared to tell them your concerns even if it makes them upset. This life is the only life we have. I find it bizarre that there aren't more connections between daily inhaler use and lung cancer - think about it, frequently pumping chemicals into your lungs? My uncle had a nasty cough and spit up phlegm regularly from his frequent use of primatene mist. If any of this sounds very similar to what you are experiencing or alarming, please contact me 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use