I used to be on asthma medication when I was younger - in my teens and early twenties - but then, my asthma mysteriously got much better. I am now 30 years old, and have been free of asthma medication for many years. Lately, I have noticed myself to be out of breath and wheezy a lot again, and I am worried the asthma is back and I need to see a doctor. It isn't terrible, but enough to feel uncomfortable and even a bit panicky at times. What do you think is the best drug for this level of asthma?

If your wheeziness is something that occurs sporadically, and you are not having systematic breathing problems, then I think it would be great to just have the salbutamol inhaler on hand in case of emergencies. There is no need to go on becotide or any other systematic asthma drug if you are just feeling asthmatic occasionally.

Can I disagree with the previous post?
If you are experiencing shortness of breath, you need to go and see a doctor as soon as you can! I would recommend that they carry out one of those lung-capacity tests, and then you can discuss whether or not you need medication on the basis of that.
Let's not forget that asthma is a chronic illness, and not something that you can "have occasionally".

i think that u should go to a doc to get rechecked... hope that this helps... u might have to take meds alot to control it and have an inhaler with u 4 emergencies... but again im not a doctor... asthma is something that u have all the time, even if u dont have symptoms , cause of the inflammation...