Hello, I need some help relating my son’s breathing problems. It looks like they are caused by his allergies and you might imagine what’s the situation like every spring. Anyway, the doctor said that it is time for him to start using inhaler, and I guess I would like to know how it will help him. How quickly does an inhaler take to calm asthmatic cough?

Well, the relief should be momentarily, that is why the inhalers are so effective. And depending on the condition, he might receive inhalers that contain corticosteroids or those that have aminophilin or some other similar substance. Corticosteroids are not mild substances, but with inhaler they are actually applied locally, to the place of inflammation, and that will not harm the rest of the organism.

Hello there, inhalers need to relieve the symptoms of asthmatic attack in a few seconds. They are very efficient, but your son needs to learn not to depend that much on the inhaler. I am aware of the fact that in spring situations like asthmatic attack gets really bad, and every single thing that can help is good. Try to consult with the pediatrician about the best solution. Also if you can, try to talk to your son about importance to control these attacks.

Over the time it is possible to reduce the worst symptoms of asthma, but your son needs to be patient and persistent. I hope that this was helpful and that your son is going to learn a way to control these attacks.