This morning I have heard that my friend from my schooldays is on crack. I couldn’t believe when I heard this. He was a good pupil and a smart boy. I cannot imagine what this has made to him. What are the side effects of crack? What can one expect? I hope someone will answer my post.

Crack is a stimulant, not an opiate. Crack addiction is very powerful and something I have not been through. I did see it turn a middle class family guy into a street bum in about a year.

Cocaine withdrawal often includes strong cravings that can even feel physical. It includes fatigue, irritability, depression and mood swings. The substance is nowhere near as physically addicting as opiates (if its even physically addicting at all).