Hi, guys. My friend fasts twice a year and I don’t know how this affects his health. In that period, my friend eats only products that are herbal in origin. I would like to know if some side effects of fasting are possible. What do you think about this? Your replies will be more than welcomed.

Hello. It all depends how long fasting lasts. If it is few weeks in the year, I guess there shouldn’t be some major side effects. Losing weight is possible. Abdominal discomfort is also something that people complain. However, I don’t understand vegans and vegetarians. There are some essential products that can be found only in animal products and that our body cannot produce. What do they do with that? How do they substitute it? Good luck.

Hi. I think that you can say he fasts for about 12 weeks per year. I haven’t noticed some serious repercussions on his health yet. He is not a vegan. Outside these periods of fasting, he eats normally. His fasting is related to religion since he does this before Christmas and Eastern.