I have a question about constipation. I don't know what is wrong with me that causes my constipation, but I know that I have had problems with this for a long time now, and I also know that I want the constipation to stop. I read about senokot, and think this is a powerful laxative that might help me. What do you know about the side effects of senokot? Are there any people who should not be taking senokot, and why?

Hello Kurt! I know what senokt (senna) tea is. I always use it as a laxative. It works for me, but a pharmacist always warn me be to be careful with dosing, one coffee spoon every second/third day. I found a list of the side effects of senna tea like allergies, digestive, issues, laxative dependency, organ injury etc. guess it's not that harmless. I have also heard about senokot tablets (I haven't tried them). The tea doesn't have a pleasant taste, so you might not like it... Recently, I discovered that a green (hot) chilly paper helps me to regulate the frequency of bowel movements so you could try it to. Maybe you'll find something useful in this article https://www.steadyhealth.com/articles/Constipation___Laxative_Usage_a678.html