CAN DETOX TEA DECREASE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF BIRTH CONTROL PILLS. I AM TAKING YASMIN AND AM USING A DETOX TEA WITH GYNOSTEMMA, SENNA, PAPAYA, GINGER PEPPERMINT, ECHINAEA, CHAMOMILE, AND ROSEHIPS. AND SOME TIMES USE ONE WITH
MILK THISTLE, COUCH GRASS, SARSAPAILLA, DANDELION LEMON GRASS, UVA URSI, BURDOCK,AND FENNAL. WILL ANY OF THESE HERBS AFFECT THE YASMINE BIRTH CONTROL PILL?

Did you ever get an answer to your question about using detox tea while taking birth control pills?
I am currently on birth control pills and plan on starting a detox using a very similar tea to the one you mentioned in your question...
Any information you were able to find would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
J.L.

hey i was just looking online to see if senna tea effected my birth control pills and havent found anything yet. however my older sister bought this yoga detox tea and had to throw it out bc her doctor said something in that tea cancelled out her birth control pill effectiveness! i checked the ingredients and there wasn't any senna in it, but just so you know be careful with the detox tea!

Hi. I've heard that milk thistle in particular can decrease OCP effectiveness and I would bet that since it's a laxative senna can, as well. That's because the pills need time to break down in your stomach for them to work properly so if you' eh hem, clearing everything out rapidly you should use a back-up method. In fact, if you look on the information leaflet from your pills (of on their website) you should find that they manufacturer suggest a back-up method if you have diarrhea (and taking a laxative essentially causes this). The milk thistle is supposed to basically make your liver (the main cleaner organ) more effective by supporting a greater level of the natural antioxidants produced by the liver so perhaps you could process the toxins (ie. the excess hormones that make the pill effective) too efficiently. I think that if you have any doubts you're best using condoms or something.

contraceptive and detox tea or tablets is a no go area and should not be taken in parallel. I got pregnant with my second baby because I was detoxing and trying to loose weight while taking contraceptive

You should plan your 7 day detox during the forth week you take your placebo inactive pills