Hi, folks. My friend goes to the gym every day. I think that he is little exaggerating. I think that he even takes some products. Are there any side effects of going to the gym? I notice some behavior changes, so I am wondering what can cause this. Can anyone help with advice? Thank you for replying.

Hi frederic131
Your friend is going to the gym everyday! I agree with you, he is exaggerating. That is not healthy. 3-4 times a week is more than enough.
You didn't mention why your friend is going to the gym. Is he trying to lose some weight or he is pumping up muscles? There are some side effects of weight lifting and more information about that you can read in this article:
https://www.steadyhealth.com/articles/Side_effects_of_weight_lifting_a12.html
And in addition to this I must say when one of my friends tried to achieve to look like Rambo in a short period of time that didn't end well! So you should definitely talk to your friend and if you discover that he is using some products to achieve movie actor look you should warn him about the consequences. We all believe that looking good these days is something that we must do but I believe that being healthy is far more important.

Yup, he's overdoing it. The clearest signs of over-exercising, sometimes one of the side effects of joining the gym and constantly being exposed to pressure to do better, be "healthier" and stronger, are:

- Short term effects such as dehydration, weakness and fatigue, dizziness and fainting, heart palpitations, and brain fog. 

- Long term effects like hormonal imbalances (which can completely throw the menstrual cycle off in females and the lower testosterone can cause testicular pain in males), heart conditions, actual withdrawal symptoms when you stop exercising, getting sick more often, and being completely exhausted all the time. 

Exercise is great. Excessive exercise? Nope!