Wow...It is good to know that I am not alone!! My daughter is 3 and 1/2 years old and has, within the last week, been experiencing the same symptoms. She wakes in the middle of the night screaming with pain in the vaginal area. At first I thought she was just trying to avoid sleeping in her own room but nothing seemed to soothe her. Also, I noticed that her body was tensing up and she couldn't move through it. I have taken her to the doctor twice but they can't find anything. I am terrified...PLEASE HELP!! Any suggestions and/or comments will be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Hi, I don't know if you got anywhere with this, but I just posted a reply on a similar thread...

8 year old girl vaginal pain at night
https://www.steadyhealth.com/8_year_old_girl_vaginal_pain_at_night_t155918.html

Please excuse my english, my 1st language is french...

The post mentionned above helped me diagnose what our daughter has had for a very long time now... (she is now 10 years old) the problem has been on and off for years! In this post (8 year old girl vaginal pain at night
https://www.steadyhealth.com/8_year_old_girl_vaginal_pain_at_night_t155918.html) two people mentionned pinworms...

And it was Pinworms indeed!!! Very hard to diagnose because they come out only at night and since the pain was mostly in her vulva, I would have never guessed it could be worms. And I did not know it could be so painful... As a matter of fact when we read about Pinworms, it never mentions the pain it can cause... But the description of this infection fitted perfectly with what she was going through.
I saw them last night with the flashlight. The whole familly has been treated and we are washing the house like crasy... Cross our fingers it does not reoccur. we will have a second treatment in 2 weeks.

To everybody with this problem: Check your daughter's anal area about one hour after she has been asleep, this is when the female comes out to lay eggs. Do not turn on the light in the bedroom, just use a flashlight and you will see tiny worms (about 1/4 inch longs). I used a scotch tape to collect some samples and brought it to the doctor... Because it's impossible to see anything during the day, this made the diagnosis much easier.

Hope this helps!!