Hi. I totally lost track of my birth control this past month and stopped mid cycle. I have since to restart as I have not had a period. Approximatly 10 days after stopping I had brown sluggish discharge for approximately 2 days. I have not had sex since, due to no birth control alternatives. Any suggestions?

I am 25 years old and have been on the pill for about 10 years. My boyfriend and I live together. We don't use any type of contraceptive other than me taking the pill (it's always worked in the past).
I also had to stop taking my pills mid cycle. I had missed several pills and thought that I should let my period begin (as it always does, if I miss a few) and start a new pack. I had very minimal signs that a period was coming, which is very unusual. I ususally have an even heavier period if I start my period due to missing pills. This time I never even used a tampon the whole time.
After 6 or 7 days of nothing happening, I started taking my pills again, thinking that I was getting concerned over nothing.
I have felt that my energy level isn't up tp par, I have had some nausea, and my breasts do look quite larger. Now I am worried that there is a possibility that I could possibly be pregnant and that I may need to quit taking the pills so that I don't harm the baby.
Or, I could just be freaking myself out for no reason???
I'm not sure.

I'm going though the same thing right now. I'm 24 and I have a 14 month old child. I got on the tri-cycline pill but missed too many and decided to start over. My period was nearly two weeks late and when I finally got it, it just wasn't normal. I'm on day 13 of this "period" that started out light, went to moderate, and is now incredibly light but still going. On top of that I am having nearly every pregnancy symptom in the book, from excess saliva to fatigue to pressure and "fluttering" in the abdomen. Having had a child before I really feel pregnant.

But I've done some research online and it says that when a woman gets off the pill she can have pregnancy symptoms for up to three months afterwards!?! I'm in the midst of this research now but I'm afraid I haven't found anything that looks like much help.

If there is someone who has been through this and/or knows more about it than I do, I'd really appreciate a response (although its looking like I'm just going to have to get a pregnancy test and find out the old fashion way!) I'll be sure to post when I find out something. Good luck ladies and please update when you figure out the issue.

So if you were having sex after stopping the pill your chances of being pregnant are high. Not only does the sudden change in hormones make you more likely to become pregnant but on a natural ovulation chart without the pill the most fertile time is the middle of the month. If you have pregnancy symptoms you probably are pregnant. Some women get pregnancy symptoms coming off the pill but they are generally mild and those few should still take a pregnancy test to be safe. As for stopping and then a couple days later re-starting the pill. ARE U INSANE! that is terrible for your body and your hormone levels will be all out of wack. if you forget to take the pill for too long you stop taking it, throw whats left of the pack away wait for at least a full week and have your period and begin a whole new pack. you period probably didnt come because you have not had your full 28 day cycle yet. So only spotting is common.

Actually, it may take up to four weeks for your ovulation to resume normally. Therefore, your chances of getting pregnant after abruptly stopping the pill is quite slim. I doubt you are pregnant, your body is just really confused.

i know this post is old,

mid pack i lost track of my pills as i had two jobs and forgot to carry them with me, i missed 2 pills mid pack, then got my period, so i stopped the pack and started a new pack on a tuesday as always- had unprotected sex on a friday, he never did fully ejaculate in me, and i feel bloated, flutery feeling in my tummy.
just wanting to know if i should be worried if i am pregnant? i did take a prgnancy test, but its too early to tell, so it was negative. i dont have nausea or anything, but i am a worry wart, so i think i may be siking myself out.
just bloatness, and weird tummy feelings and the odd cramp. i think my body is just confused on the adbrupt stop, mid month period and then new pack right away.

am i some what on the right page?