I have been using BCP (yasmin) for the past 11 months. And i decided to stop taking the pill last month as i realised that i have been going into mood swings, depression and gradual weight gain since i have started using the pill. Now that i stopped it, I am in my 5th week, and i still did not get my period yet. I usually used to have normal regular period coming on time (worst case 2-3 days late). Is this normal? Is my body trying to regualte itself after stopping the pill? Or I might be pregnant?

I went off yasmin for basically the same reason as you did, as well as I was getting break-though-bleeding, which had never happened to me when I wasn't on the pill. I've been off the pill for 6 weeks now and I still haven't had my period. I'm wondering how long it's going to take!

I stopped taking it and didn't get my period for 4 months

I stopped Yasmin after 3 years. Until last year, it was okay. But it started to giving me the same side effect as other people mentioned. Then now I don't have my period...

Guest wrote:

Are you saying you have not had a period in a year? This is not healthy at all and you need to see your doctor asap.
It is common for someone to not have a period right away after getting off the pill while the body regulates itself. First month or so. Any more than that could be due to malnutrition/low body fat or polycystic ovarian syndrome or something else. You need to have your hormones checked through blood work.
Lack of mestruation, if not due to pregnancy, is a definite association with a lack of the absorption of calcium causing osteoporosis very prematurely.
I am also wondering how many women out there may have developed or discovered PCOS (polycstic ovaries) after getting off yasmin or any other birth control and if anyone else thinks there may POSSIBLY be a link associated. (I am only merely researching and looking at all possibilities)

maddie.tiessen wrote:

hi, im in the same boat. i been on the pill since 16 due to pain killing heavy flowing long lasting periods ( and once introduced to the intimacy of life it came in handy, i wont lie) althought i been using yasmin for 2 years my first month i felt sick every morning light headed and all then it went away, now its 5 weeks ive stoppped the pill to start trying to have a baby but no period yet. i read that a womans body used to takeing the pill more the 3 years will take about 2-3 months to get back to normal. but i also read a woman who gave birth, miscarriage or abortion and started the pill after these incidents will have a harder time getting back on a cycle. can anyone help us out with answers????

I was 'diagnosed' with polycystic ovarian syndrome...and my doctor prescribed yasmin to me for a trial run....I went back after a year and he never even mentioned taking further bloodtests to determine how the pill was affecting my body.
I went on the pill to GET my period back...I'm only 21..I had noticed irregular periods around the age of 18-19...which is when I got on the pill.
I, too, want to get off the pill...and I know I will probably not have a period for a long time....anyone familiar with polycystic ovarian syndrome will tell you it's not a good thing.
If I could be reassured that my periods would come back eventually, I'd get off the pill right away because the c**p it's put me through is just not worth it.

Now, from friends and family, I've been told that anywhere from 2-6 months without a period is a pretty normal result of getting off the pill..
My best friend did not get her period for a year afterwards...from another brand...
So, don't worry too much about it but better safe than sorry...go check with your doctor just in case.
Rest assured that many women have abnormal periods after being off the pill!

i stopped taking yasmin in september - almost a year ago- and i had 1 period in december and thats it. (it's may now) i keep waiting it out, but i think i am going to see a doctor soon b.c. this can't be normal.

After having read the other posts, I'm somewhat reassured, though also concerned. After 5 years of tsking Yasin, I went off the pill about two months ago, with the idea of getting reay to get pregnant, and I still haven't even had a period! Fingers crossed that I'll get one soon.

after reading all your stories i dont know whether im reassured or more nervous!!! lol

i had the implant in which drove me mad with heavy and irregular bleeding.however i persisted for 2 years as the doctors told me the bleeding would settle.after 2 yrs of it i finally had enough and had it removed. i then tried evra patches which gave me the same outcome as the implant.

after yet another trip to my doctors she prescribed me a 3 month course of YASMIN to help get my periods back on track.i finished taking them and had a slight bleed but i wouldnt class it as a period as such and now nothing since (its been just over 5 weeks)

as my intention is to get pregnant i did 2 tests which both came back negative.im 22 and already have a son with whom i fell pregnant really easilly so am just confused as to whats going on!

as i have read through your stories ive noticed that you have all been on the pill for a long period of time just wondering if there is anyone who only spent a short time on it and have had similar experiences?

I was on Yaz birth control (a form of Yasmin) for Premenstrual Tension Syndrome. I stopped taking if after 2 months because it wasn't helping my mood swings. When i was on it I was having my period for 14 days and still being moody and irritable etc. It's been off it for about 5 weeks now, but i still haven't gotten my period. Is this normal? I have taken a pregnancy test but it was negative. I don't' think i am pregnant, but i was wondering how long would it be to get my period. My husband and I want to try to have a baby around November. Is it possible to get pregnant without a period?

sorry please ignore my last post......period arrived on the afternoon of writing it

Ive sytopped yasmin too after being on birth control 4 years(2years on gynera) and (two years on yasmin)my doc made me switch to help with my skin...i quit after finishing my last pack in june i got a period on june 11th..since then i havent had a period..my body has changed alot sinced actually im hoping get preg. although many says its takes a few months before it can happen. i took a test at the end of july it said not pregnant ..so i waited another month and i took another at the end of august and that showed positive! I dont kno wat to think now but im schedule to see my doc on sat...what do u guys think??? :-|

Hi there after reading your posts I am starting to feel better! I came off the pill - mycrogynon in march had one period after 6 weeks then nothing since - that was 20 weeks ago! I know it takes a while for your body to settle down - still it's quite annoying! I'm trying to make sure I eat all the right things etc to get it back as soon as possible!

XX

jaz007 wrote:

Sounds familiar. I went on yasmin for 2 months and I was unusually crazy! so i stopped and no period for over 5 weeks. weirding me out! :(