I am 23, and had never been on birth control. I recently started tricyclen on the first day of my last period, which was during the last week of November. I found the side effects too much for me to handle, and had decided to stop the bc and eventually try another brand. Normally, my period would last 5 days, but this time, it lasted 7 days. I know this was one of the effects of the bc. But when I stopped the bc about 9 days after starting it, i started to bleed for 3 days. Which do i count as my last mentrual??? Also, my bf and I had unprotected sex about 3 days after i stopped bleeding... Could it be possible to get pregnant this soon after stopping the pill????

My breasts have been tender the last 2 days, I am wondering if this is one of the effects of stoppig the birth control...??

When you stop taking the pill, your birth control protection is GONE.

If you have had sex without birth control, then yes, you can be pregnant.

What about my ovulation time? Do i start ovulating as soon as i stop the pill AND then bleed for 3 days afterwards???

Birth control messes up your next cycle, so you can ovulate anytime.

This is why continuous BC use is important.

ok,thank you. My next period shouldnt be for awhile yet as my last one was just last week... But my breasts are tender and have been for the last 3 days... its gotten worse since it started a few days ago... I only had unprotected sex once... which was around Dec 9 or 10. (middle of the night... not sure what date to use) I am feeling physically tired... moody, and short-tempered... but these could also be signs of pms. The only thing confusing me is the fact that i just had my period.. and should not be experiencing pms just yet... Is this a part of stopping my birth control???

It could be PMS, mainly because stopping BC use like you did makes your cycle and body 'screwy'.

Well.. As it happens... I took a home pregnancy test today... came out positive... freaked out... went to the health clinic... took one there... came out positive as well... I am still in shock...

I have a similar question. I had my period for four days on Jan. 23. Now it is Feb. 2 and my breasts are very sore. I stopped birth control in Jan. and I don't know if my breasts are sore because of the pill or pregnancy. i have never had sore breasts in my life even during ovualtion or my period. I also have more discharge than usual, but i discharge a lot anyway. Do you think im pregnant?

I too have a similar question i got off of birth control and all i had was just brown discharge i was on birth control for 56 days for the cyst i had unprotected sex right after i got off the pill before my spotting started then once i got the spotting i felt really sick i felt dizzy felt like fainting fatigue can this be the withdrawal reaction to birth control or something else?

Hi
i t am having pcos and the doc has prescribed me with duoluton BC pill for 3months i.e., from nov to jan..now i want to conceive. me and my husband are trying for it and we are doing it almost daily...can a person with pcos get pregnant the first time they try?..some say stopping BC will make us to get preganant aas early compared to normal women. is that true?..