%-) ? Am having 5 steroid shots into my spine tomorrow for pain. Wonder what it is like.

I recently had a spinal facet injection very close to my sciatic nerve. it was not a pleasant experience and i will probably never do it again. ! i have a herniated disc at the L5-S1 level. The procedure can be tolerated, but you absolutely CANNOT move during the procedure that I had, and you also should really take a relaxer or tranq before going in. If you are already in pain or were in pain, the pain will take over as the medication is injected. some people have great results from the injection. i did not. i am moving onto the next thing....accupunture. surgery is not really an option for me. good luck with your injections. not really sure how someone can know they are giving you 5 injections at one time. be sure you know whether you are bending over for a shot or five shots, or if you actually are going in for a serious procedure where you are working with an anesthesiologist, who will be administering the injection with you face down, an assistant present, and an x-ray tech who will be checking where they shoot in the dye first to make sure they are at the exact right spot. because they may be in your epidural space, they must get it in the right spot. there are serious risks. so make sure you know what you are getting into. where i go for medical services, you are required to take a class and nowhere in the class do they actually tell you that you are getting 5 injections. you may require a series of injections. one cannot even have more than 3 steroid injections in the same place per year.