I am a male age 55 with spondylolisthesis L5 S1 and am awaiting fusion surgery. Because my symptoms were not classic for this condition my orthopedic surgeon recommended the ESI to block the nerve to ensure that the course of action was correct. I didn't get the nearly immediate relief that he had thought I would but a day later felt considerable relief. Unfortunately, ever since the injection I have been experiencing restless leg syndrome and the only relief from it seems to be Vicatin. Has anyone else experienced or heard of anything like this?

I am 29 yr old female  with the same problem. Got my injections thursday, its sunday now, and can only sit still or sleep with muscle relaxers. How can I help this and will it go away?

I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH VERY BAD LEG CRAMPS, SO BAD I WANT TO SCREAM, IT HAPPENS AT NIGHT AND MY WHOLE FOOT AND OR FEET TURN IN AND DOES NOT EASE UP FOR A WHILE, ONE NIGHT BOTH LEGS WERE EFFECTED AND NO ONE HOME BUT ME AND I KEPT BEATING ON MY LEGS, IT TOOK FOREVER TO STOP AND ALL THE CRYING I DID WAS TERRIBLE, IT TOOK A GOOD 15 MINUTES, BY GOODNESS , WHAT WOULD I DO IF I HAD THIS AND NEEDED TO GET UP OUT OF BED, I COULD NOT MOVE AT ALL. I AM ASSUMING IT IS FROM THE SHOT. AM SCHEDULED FOR MY SECOND SHOT THIS WEEK AND NOT SURE IF I WILL BE GETTING IT.

I have suffered from RLS off and on my entire life. The only consistant treatment has been Pramipexle (generic) 1.5 MG (Mirapex) 90 It is marketed in US as Requip. Cheapest is Pramipexle through Canada if you have pay for your own meds. I have been using Mirapex for almost 10 years (years before FDA approval for its use as a RLS treatment). No side effects for me.

I had a spinal block last Nov. for total knee replacement surgery. Since then, my RLS has become so severe I feel like I am going crazy! I am on 2mg/night of Requip right now and that seems to help. Also, hot baths at night helps. I DO believe with all my heart that there is a correlation between RLS and spinal block anesthesia. I don't care what the studies show! I have had RLS for many years now but not like this. Actually, I think it started after I had a spinal block when delivering my third child but never thought anything about it until now.

I had the lumbar epidural and after a few days started experiencing terrible leg cramps. I found the only thing that helped me was to get in the shower and the hot water on my legs really helped the spasms. It takes a while for it to help. Sometimes I would get in the shower several times during the night. A hot cloth heated in the microwave also helps spasms when you wrap it around your leg but I find the hot water works best. I take Requip for Restless Leg Syndrome that I have had for years. Requip is like a muscle relaxer. I increased the amount of Requip I take (just a small amount) and I had no more muscle spasms.

I had and have had several injections in my lower back. I have restless leg syndrome, but it is under control for last few years with pramipexole and pain meds. I used to get it 24/7 but now I have my life back!! But I had an epidural about a week ago (bilateral with Celestone!!!) this is the 2nd night I have gotten up 2hours after going to bed only to be awakened by RLS symptoms!! So of course I get up n get on my ipad to investigate. I found this post!! WoW!! I knew I was not going crazy, how could the demon come alive after all this time? I am definitely going to tell my doctor...although I have a feeling because he is a pain doctor he will tell me to go to a neurosurgeon!! That is what they all do...instead of understanding and trying to figure out why this happens just send you off to another doctor!!! Would love to hear some feedback. As I am completely shocked this is happening to me bc of this facet injection!!!

Yes i have I am haveing the same problem spondilolithesis L5 S1 I have had 15 spinal blocks the last one i was injected with a steroid im allergic to and i have had rls every since only releived with percocet

there is absolutley a connection between the epidural steroid injection and its aggravation of restless leg syndrome.it took a few days for the lightbulb to come on, as to why my rls increased in intensity and my requip barely worked . No more injections for me

had cortisone shot on 10 july 2014 and would consider doing so again it has almost totally erased the pain from my foot...however since the shot I have been experiencing restless leg not just in the bad foot and leg buut in the good foot as well ...is this an allergic reaction and what should I do to alleviate it or better yet get rid of altogether

It appears by the date of your post that I am too late to respond with any useful information. However, I would like to weigh in on your complaint and share a bit of my story.

I began experiencing RLS at the age of 9 years old after having been in a terrible bicycle accident where I had broken my right leg and dislocated my patella. I am 52 years old now and have had two (failed) spinal fusions in the lumbar region which have caused even more unrelenting RLS symptoms and a host of other medical issues! Neither multiple bouts of physical therapy nor drug therapy has had a promising or lasting effect.

It was recently discovered that I experienced stunted growth in the right leg due to either my bicycle accident or a misalignment in the spine due to these surgeries. My right leg is shorter by over 1/2 inch, yet the restless leg issues are more prominent in the left leg. As I move my left leg in a circular motion and place my hands in the groin area, I both feel and hear grinding sensations.

I certainly hope the original poster of this thread had forgone the spinal fusion as I am convinced that there are very few, and I mean VERY FEW qualified surgeons performing these career ending and often painful surgeries.

I would recommend either the Cleveland Clinic or the Mayo Clinic and invest time with them to determine the TRUE root cause before I would enrich a spine surgeon who walks away free from damages he causes from the surgeries. Remember, you sign your right to sue him if the surgery fails unless you can prove negligence... Once a surgery is done, it cannot be undone!!!
My warmest regards,
Trent

Did you follow the instructions to drink extra water after the injection? Look at the release form.

I am a 42 year old woman and during labor with my first child I had an epidural. After the epidural wore off, I began having symptoms of restless leg syndrome. That was 24 years ago and I still have those symptoms. I have a lot of restless nights because of it.

Glad I found this thread. I just had spinal steroid injections a couple weeks ago, and have had RLS all of the sudden to the point where sleeping is completely impossible.