For some reason, recently it's been happening once every day, once every two to three days, or once every week (it varies), I get at random moments, typically in the morning but sometimes it's at random times of my day, I get a strange feeling of heightened consciousness, anxiety, slight deja vu (even if I'm not really remembering anything, but that's just what it feels like), and hyper awareness of every little thing. When it happens it gives me chills because I feel like everything has been put under a magnifying glass and it's all so much more clear, but at the same time it's like I'm in a sort of trance or dream and I have to force myself to continue what I was doing before that feeling hit me in order to snap out of it. This has only started recently (around 4-5 months ago) and I've never experienced something like this before. I have not been to any psychiatrist or mental health specialist before, so any possible mental anomalies, such as ADHD, which something that my father and brother have, I may not be aware that I have it. However, I do believe that my mental health is fine. I am pre-diabetic, I inherited that from my father's side but otherwise healthy. I don't do drugs of any sort. If anyone has had a similar experience, or if you know what this could be, please feel free to share.

I've been experiencing this same thing for over 3 months now. Did you get any answers as to what it is or how to stop it? Unlike you i know I have ADHD. For some reason my memory has been getting worse throughout this process as well but this deja vu or hyper-awareness or whatever has been the biggest memory type feelings i can get. What you described fits the description of these trances I've been experiencing and when I do its like the universe is ripped in half infront of my eyes and i can see the answer to everything. Like you i take no drugs of any sort. I've read some papers and articles on the links to deja vu and epilepsy but i hope that wasnt the case for you. Anything you've heard would be great. Thank you.