Hi all,

So in early January, I was having a lot of issues with my boyfriend and there was something I needed to tell him. However, I was so afraid to let him know and feared the possible repercussions. As a result, for about a week straight I worried 24/7 about what would happen when I told him, and dream up all the possible horrible things that would result (breaking up, etc). By the end of the week I had convinced myself that it was either me telling him and us breaking up, or me never telling him and essentially losing my mind. I told him, and everything was fine. I felt so relieved.

However, two days later I suffered a panic attack out of the blue
Heart racing, trouble breathing, shaking. For the next week and a half I suffered panic attacks daily - sometimes more than once.

Since then, I have had a pressure/strange feeling in my right temple. I also have forehead tightness and sometimes the pressure extends to where my nose meets my forehead. I went to a walk-in clinic and they prescribed me sinus infection meds, but I am almost done my prescription and things haven't gotten better. My jaw also clicks and makes a strange noise when I open it... and my ears have been ringing. I have been having anxiety attacks daily and worrying 24/7 about what this could be.

There is a history of mental illness in my family (my grandmother was bipolar, my mother suffered from anorexia and now suffers from depression).

Anyone have some answers?

I don't know but I hope someone does know. I have the same thing. I lean toward something spiritual as deliverance has helped. Fear may be causing it.

Well i wish i could answer your question, i have been having tightness around my forehead for a few weeks now, I have had a headache for 8 months and seen about 8 different doctors, MRI, X-rays, and a ton of other tests with no solution other than sinus infections which i have been given antibiotics and other meds which did not relieve the headache at all.
I also have the clicking jaw that you mention, that would most likely be TMJ syndrome, which can cause headaches. Anxiety can also cause some weird problems to the point where its difficult to function.

Hi, here's my story, your not alone. I am a 20 year old male who has been troubled by injury, then girl troubles, then school troubles which developed into a very debilitating tension headache....which developed into my current panic attacks.

They are def strange. I have constant ringing in ears, strange pressure on temples, muscle tightening on top of nose by forehead, and sudden euphoric adrenalin like feelings that come and go.

The nights have been worst, every time i fall asleep these symptoms on top of rapid heart beat, chest pain, and hallucinations keep me from hardly any sleep.

Its been the 5th day of panic attacks and after discovering what im suffering from, and getting some things in my life straight, these symptoms are slightly better and dont scare me so much. Doc prescribed me muscle relaxers and amitriptyline hydrochloride but i just recently stopped using them, i hate meds. And i was not to enthused about taking something for 6 weeks.

It was hard for me to accept that i was having panick attacks becusae i am such a level headed logical thinking person, once i learned about what they are i accepted it, i guess anyone can have stress!

Anyway, i am trying to cure this naturally by staying calm, staying busy, keeping a good attitude, sleeping, and getting a good dose of excersise and sun everyday. it has seemed to help. Ill follow up

hey people i have been having head aches like not painful but uncomfortable fellings in my back of head and in my temples this all started after i took prednisone and has been like this for almost 3 months i need help someone give me an answere please im 19 yrs old and cant stand this anymore also not rapid but very strong heart beats weid eh give me a shout if u got an answer ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use
thATS MY EMAIL OR PPL WITH AN ANSWER TO THIS TERIBBLE PROBLEM

Hi I suffered the same thing as what you felt too. my left head has a tingling sensation and my forehead is like being pulled down. are you better now? can you tell me what did you do. i've been to my doctor but everything was normal according to him. just a caused only of anxiety.

It's anxiety. Source: I have experienced the same thing

Forget about mental illness history in your family. I would argue with anybody about internalized chronic stress as being a significant contributor of many people's mental illness. Chronic stress deteriorates your brain's nerotransmitter system that does not regenerate very easily, if at all. So, overtime the more you experience chronic stress the effects are cumulative. I would take care of yourself and practice a minimal stress lifestyle along with help from psychiatric medicine. Learn stress relieving techniques. I am classified as bipolar, but I have not experienced any depression for years. I have experienced temporal pressure though on occasion when anxiety rears it's head when I fixate on a topic that activates my fight or flight response, such as arguing about politics.

..that's true, one has not much to fear but fear itself..

Did you figure this out

I had long term stress due to work. I had anxiety. (I came across your post looking for a cause for right temple pressure /sensation)
I have a welling up and redness from anxiety. I now take 2 Valerian at night to calm and a good sleep. I find it controls the problem. Nature's own Valerian forte 2000 mg from Chemist Warehouse.I go to bed early 9ish. For a good sleep. Hope this helps

Adding to my post nature's own Valerian, I believe that we cause can make it worse ourselves. 1. magnifying &multiplying issues in the mind... Making bigger than they are. 2., trying to control things we can't... 3. trying too hard to fix problems and making it worse.
4. Not be sensitive, do right thing by people if the complain flick the problem you did your best. 5. Don't take too much on in one day. Smell the roses.... If they stink... Get the axe... One way or another good therapy.. It's what I have to watch in myself

Do you take any medication for bipolar? Add or adhd, stimulants can cause the symptoms regarding your temple and forehead.
Also stress, anxiety, and chronic worry can cause headaches.
Blood pressure also can effect the blood flow to your brain, increased heart rate over a prolonged span of time can will give you the symptoms you suffered from as well. Try and focus on relaxing, not hyper focused on the discomfort and most importantly...keep a clean conscience ;)