Hi, so I’ve found several other posts that discuss this intense dream déjà-vu, and I must say it is nice to know other people are experiencing the same thing. My question is, I don’t know why this is happening! I’ve had depersonalization, for almost two years now, and I’ve been having these episodes for about 8 months. I’m not sure if this is just related to my anxiety of depersonalization or if it is partial lobe epilepsy, what most of you have been discussing. So I think I’m going to get MRI and talk to a neurologists. The weird thing is, I’ve told my psychologists about these episodes, and he never once brought up the temporal lobe epilepsy. 

You should definitely see a doctor if this is very persistent, intense and frequent deja vu can be indeed a sign of epilepsy.

Hi there,
Having déjà vu can mean several things and I think I read somewhere that this condition was linked with as a cause of anxiety disorder but even by schizophrenia onset. But I am not sure if there are any relevant data that support these theories. Other thing that I found out was that this can be caused by some medications. If you take several medications at once there can be onset of déjà vu. The thing is that the most often cause of déjà vu is as you mentioned temporal lobe epilepsy. I am not really sure why your doctor avoided mentioning this as a possible cause. It is little strange of him to do this.
All the best,
Danella

sarah123 wrote:

I was seeing a psychologist for a while, and no, they don't always understand these things. I have been having the same deja-vu as well, and was finally was diagnosed with left temporal lobe simple and partial seizures (epilepsy). Mine didn't show up on an MRI nor an EEG, until I had an EEG the same day as the grand mal seizures I began having. Describe them to a neurologist. I was experiencing this for 18 - 20 years until I was finally dianosed correctly! Hope this helps.