I am under a lot of stress lately… also feel anxiety… all of a sudden have intense deja-vu … huh…anybody else with this symptoms? I found deja-vus great in the past… it seemed very interesting and funny. But, now I feel like I am going mad… I mean, I have like 5 deja vus daily and this actually makes me look like an id**t… I do not know what is real or not anymore. Please, help me!!!!

Hey, this was happening to me last year…
I was under a lot of stress. My mother died and I lost job. This lasted for a month and this was the hardest time in my life! I think that was expression of all pressure I was under… I didn’t visit no docs, because I know how they work … they would prescribe me pills and that’s it… and I think that would make mine situation even worse… I decided to take some time off from everything .. I ahd no job anyway… So, this was time for me… I went north to my sister and stayed there for more than 2 months … I relaxed as much as I could… I helped her around the house and her kids, otherwise I was taking time to relax… It helped me.. I have no more deja-vus and I overall I react to stressor much more “take it easy”.
Maybe you should visit doc, it was my choice not to…
Good luck!!!

Hey, I'm 20 years old, and I have been getting it since I was about 16. I just wrote it off as smoking to much marijuana for a while, but I actually got it more often afterward when I stopped for a year, so I know it wasn't that. I just have some questions though to see if you have what I have:

-Does it come really random, but when it hits get it a few times daily for a span of a couple days?
-do you feel weird until the "deja-vu" sets in? Almost like you know its coming?
-Have you been to doctors?

I've gone to many doctors, tookin EKG, EEG, MRIs because much like you said I used to get it once in a while and found it interesting, but soo many episodes was driving me crazy. They tested me, sent me to a couple different neurologists some of which thought it was partial brain seizures, but all tests and others ran suggested otherwise...to this day I never got a full explanation.

I thought I was the only one, now I don't feel so crazy .. but mine has only been happening for about a month or so.

I'm 21, I just had a baby on Feb 20th 2008 .. and about 6 weeks later was put on the IUD Mirena; for birth control. About 3 weeks after having it put in, these sudden deja vu; weird and scary thoughts started occuring.

And like you said; they come daily for a couple of days then subside, then start up again about a week later.

I feel like i'm going crazy, they're scary. It's like I can comprehend the world around me, but while it last, I can NOT respond until the deja vu subsides..

..It's very hard to explain, I CAN'T tell if these feelings are deja vu from past expeirences or dreams, .. I had idea how to explain this to anybody until i found out other people go through it to.

I just put a phone call into my OBGYN; waiting for a call back, are these hormones, stress, or am i going insane?!?!??!

theres already a topic started about this with a bunch of other stories about this same thing. check it out. its the topic "Nightmarish Deja-Vu and anxiety attacks. What's going on?". check that out.

I got deja vue following a head injury and it turned out to be temporal lobe epilepsy. go to your GP, don't mess about, go for a MRI and EEG.

producer2357 wrote:

-Have you been to doctors?

I've had a very similar experience with these intense "deja vu" episodes. I also thought it may be related to marijuana smoking, but I don't do it much anymore, so I don't think that's the cause. In fact, they only started after I drastically reduced my frequency of marijuana (and alcohol) use. Anyway, for a little personal history, I was diagnosed with ADD and anxiety/panic attacks in the early 2000s. From reading Dr. Amen (an expert on ADD/ADHD and other brain disorders), most of my problems appear to be within the temporal lobe. I have fits of rage, mood swings for no apparent reason, anxiety, fear and panic from out of nowhere and sometimes with little or no warning, and just recently, these intense "deja vu" feelings, often accompanied by a racing heart, disorientation or derealization, dizziness, tingling/numbness, intense fear, dry mouth, and sometimes a phantom burning smell or taste. I just had one of these episodes today around noon. It was brief but intense, lasting about 30-60 seconds. The common link is that most (but not all) of these episodes (which occur once every few months on average, but on one occasion occurred on back-to-back evenings) are triggered by sitting in front of my laptop computer. I also get frequent "brain zaps" like those described by people experiencing withdrawal symptoms from certain anti-depressant or anti-anxiety medications.

This of course has prompted me to get multiple tests done to rule out cardiac or neurological problems, such as EKG's, stress tests, EEG's, MRI's/CT's etc. but so far everything is negative. I will note that one neurologist said that I had an unusual or heightened response to flashing (strobe) lights. I am well aware of the manner in which computer screens work (e.g. screen refreshes at a certain frequency) and suspect that these "episodes" may be a type of mini-seizure instead of a panic attack (which I have had before and are symptomatically similar but last longer, usually come with some degree of warning, and don't have the intense "deja vu" feeling). I have officially been diagnosed with panic disorder, but given the specific nature of my symptoms and my apparent temporal lobe problems, I suspect that I may also be having some type of small seizures (e.g. simple partial) that are triggered by looking at the computer screen.

Anyone else have any insight as to what might be going on in my head? :?:

Wow, am I ever relieved. I thought I was the only one; I assumed I was crazy, haha.

Well, I'm a 16 year old female and up until May of this year I had never experienced anything of the sort. I have been reading all types of symptoms and conclusions online for the last 2 hours and tried to compare my feelings to each one. I have tried marijuana a couple of times, and I assumed that was the cause. But, personally I don't think so because I've only smoked a handful of times, and the first time I had gotten it I didn't smoke.

The first time I got it was around May 2008. I was touching up my makeup in the bathroom mirror at school and I felt depersonalized, confused, and almost in a trance-like state. My mind went blank and I felt an extreme sense of deju vu unlike any other experience I have ever felt. I calmed myself down but was still a little disoriented afterward. I hadn't gotten it for awhile after and assumed it was a 1 time thing, when I then started getting the feeling about once or twice a month. I would sort of freeze in my spot, and even while talking to someone I would try to hold down the conversation and play it off. I'd notice I was repeating my sentences and talking nonsense when in a conversation, but the person I was talking to wouldn't notice much, I'd just look 'flustured' to them. I thought I was just crazy.

Over the summertime I believe I had gotten it once, and it wasn't until this past month that I started getting it like crazy. Just this week I've experienced the feeling 2 or more times a day. I believe anxiety or lack of sleep could possibly be the trigger to these 'partial seizures' or whatever they seem to be. I can't remember all the times I got them and I certainly can't remember what I was trying to recall during a blank-out, or 'session' as I like to call them, but I believe either lack of sleep or stress could be possible in all situations. Just last week I had a mental breakdown due to a family circumstance and I cried for 4 hours straight and felt quite depressed.

Personally, I'm a very happy, lighthearted and easygoing person. That breakdown was a one-time situation, but got me thinking. After reading that depression could be a cause I started thinking- could I be depressed? I think the experience is actually triggered by a subconscious feeling. We may feel perfectly fine, or not feel stressed but there could be something on our minds which we put aside that subconsciously affects us.

Yesterday, I was at school again and I experienced one while talking to a friend. I was worried that another friend was upset with me and that could have caused the session to occur. It is very frustrating because I cannot explain it to my mom and even she's becoming a little frustrated. Another bizarre thing is that when I talk about it, or think about it, I cry. I am well aware that I experience these trance-like states, and I have accepted it, I wouldn't consider myself depressed about it. I normally don't cry, like I've mentioned before, I'm a very happy person. But, after trying to explain it to my dad just before I started tearing up and getting defensive. I laughed afterward and told him I had no idea why I was crying, but he just told me crying wouldn't help and I needed to learn to get my head around it.

Another conclusion is a physic connection. My dad has frequent physic dreams and preminissions but he puts them aside and does his best to ignore them. I've tried and about an hour ago, after glaring into the computer screen I experience a mini-'session' I ignored it and it seemed to be successful. Now, I don't know how to properly describe it, or diagnose it but I know for sure that I have no intention of being medicated. I do not believe that meds will help me at all, and I think I should get to the root of the situation instead of distancing myself from it. My greatest fear though is when I start doing my driving lessons and when I spar at my Muay Thai class. It can be very dangerous so I need to learn how to control it.

Can anyone make these similar connections?

i have experienced these episodes over the past few years about five times, it all sounds exactly the same as the rest of you. it is very frightening. I have been researching online and it sounds like simple partial seizures, a minor stage of temporal lobe epilepsy, read more here....

i've been getting these for about 6 years now. i've had some mental health issues in the past, so i thought i was really going crazy. something in everyday life/activities would trigger remembering really intense dreams and sometimes it seemed as though some were premonitions. i went in to a neurologist and after many tests they diagnosed me with temporal lobe epilepsy. although it's nice to have a diagnosis, i do still wonder if what i have it different. like a lot of others who have replied, it seems to be connected with dreams.

it is best that you go in for an eeg and see for yourself... if it is indeed a form of epilepsy (even a minor type) something can occur called secondary generalization. it means that the bouts of electricity spread to other parts of your brain and you suffer from tonic clonic (grand mal) seizures. there's actually a 60% chance of this happening so treatment is necessary.

since i don't like medications (and secretly think pharmaceutical companies are taking over everything) i've looked into other methods of treatment. don't listen to what the neurologist says... you don't have to take pills! i've stopped eating refined sugars and processed foods and get acupuntcure every week or two. it has helped SUBSTANTIALLY. hopefully this information helped you some. good luck!

I had these symptoms for a period of about a year roughly 10 years ago. it would hit over the course of about a month each time. the first episode involved very intense deja vu that lasted way too long. i was walking down the street to a friend's house alone. i wasnt under any stress about anything that i can remember. it was weird, but i didn't feel panicked until the 2nd episode and i was around other people at the time. i usually rode it out and nobody could tell it was happening. nobody knew i was having these until i described it to a friend, who was clueless about it.

The first episode in the cycle was usually followed by 2 or 3 more the same day. over the next few days the frequency would wane, as would the intensity, until it was once a day. then, it tapered off to 1 every other day, then 1 every few days, then 1 a week, then none for a few months until the cycle started again.

I did get the impending feeling that it was coming before it started, and the deja vu was accompanied by a strange twist. in addition to feeling that i was repeating events that i had dreamed of, i was being reminded of another dream that wasnt related to the current situation, and that dream felt as vivid as the deja vu. maybe more. that's the best way i can describe it. if anyone else knows what that is like, please share.

I would also like to add that after about a year. i was sitting in a bar and i felt an episode coming on. as the deja vu set in, my hearing got really quiet, like i had all but lost it. i told a buddy near me that it had happened, just so if i went unconscious, he could potentially tell it to the EMTs. it didn't turn out to be necessary because my hearing came back after a minute or so and has been fine ever since. that was the last one i can remember. it kind of ended on a bang. it probably could have been worse.

I am glad to hear that I'm not alone. The feeling of the dream, a smell, being out of touch with reality. After researching, it seems like this is actually very common.

After having one of these strange episodes the other morning, I decided to do some searching on the internet. It's not something I would normally do because you end up reading something horrible which tends to makes things worse.

I didn't know what to search for really so I threw some related words into Google and here I am. I am somewhat relieved to find that this sort of phenomena happens to others too, but noticed everyone seems to have different symptoms.
I've had these "Deja Vu" moments since my late teens, I am now 39 approaching 40. When I first noticed them it was fun and kind of exciting, a feeling of Euphoria on numerous occasions, but always left me feeling a little strange and nauseous. They wasn't very frequent, infact I couldn't even tell you how frequent they where so random, I even seemed to go a few years without having them so I thought nothing of it.

Anyway, having not had this feeling for a few years, the other morning one suddenly sprung itself on me whilst sat in work. This one was quite intense, I was aware of my surroundings, everything that I heard and saw felt very familiar. I seemed to stare into my monitor as if captivated by this warm, fuzzy feeling. I don't seem to feel fear or anxiety, I feel fuzzy and alert. It only seems to last around 20-30 seconds or so, but this one made me feel nauseous to a point I was almost sick, and the rest of the day just felt surreal. After my first one, it always followed by mini episodes that mean nothing, then split second feelings as if another one is about to start.

I've always been quite a nervous, anxious person and the only thing I can point these episodes to are stress and anxiety. The last couple of years have been quite stressful for me. Nearly losing my job, me and my partner seperated for a few months, I lost my wallet and had my bank account cleared... got the money back though! and only now am I getting back to my normal self.

I can relate to almost everything being said. I have smoke pot and had dreams I later relived in the fututre. I can tell u that as a very happy person I don't think it's stress that's causing it. I'm 16 and havnt started having these experiences until this age. As an example of such strange deja vu feelings was that awhile ago I dreampt I was on a bottom of a hill staring at a shattered skateboard and a pair of shoes laying in the road. Recently after stopping at the top of a hill to watch my friend long board down a hill he couldn't stop and was hit by a car.. Running down the hill I saw the same shattered skateboard and pair of shoes laying in the road as I saw in my dream. Lucky he only broke his leg, but freaked me out pretty good . I've never known my friend who got hit when I dreampt it.