Last few years I have noticed that I get a very intense feeling of deja-vu. This is like ripping kind of drain on my body, which cause me to start to worry how I have done that before. This is really something what really bothers me. Is this something to worry about, does anyone know that? I think my problem is that I suffer of anxiety.

I had a similar feeling myself, and these intense deja-vu feelings worried me too. I noticed it is more often when I take some medications. I really believe that I had anxiety attacks because of that. There were few times I wanted to take the medication and think did I take it already. When I finally take it, I have such a panic attack. All this make me think I already took one earlier in the day, which I realize as some deja-vu. I could suggest if it does happen too you more often you should ask a doctor and see what he or she says about that. Also I have one friend who has ever since she was in elementary school had extreme deja vu. However, because these symptoms she was thought it was anxiety. I know that she used to complain all the time of rapid heart rate, heavy chest pains, turning stomach, headaches, and severe sweating. Later we found out she suffer of anxiety. I could recommend you if that really starts to bother you too much to visit a doctor, maybe he could prescribe you something.

Intense deja-vu feelings usually go along with partial complex seizures. Do you also smack your lips, pace or see 'visions' when you experience the deja-vu? Do feel exhausted afterwards? I had these seizures for years before I told the Doctor. It turned out that they were caused by a tumor on my left temporal lobe.

deja vue

first time doing this, can anyone reply to my sbuject line.

George

Hi. I have been experiencing some episodes of quick deja vu feelings followed by extreme nausea. Most recently I have even experienced this in my sleep, which then of course awoke me. I am looking for some alternate causes other than tumors and seizers. Could this be related to low iron. I don't have them very frequently, but notice them more around the time I have my periods. Can someone please comment on this. Thank you. Very scared.

Hello, just happen to stumble across this site. I got diagnosed with simple partial seizures a year ago. For the longest time did not want to tell anyone about the feelings I was having. Sort of like a deja-vu or a vision. I told my gyno and he told me I was having seizures. And sure enough after waiting of course, I went to a nuerologist and had all the tests and it was confirmed. Still need to learn more but it really sounds like the same thing. There is a type of epilepsy that has to deal with menstral cycles. Look on WedMd epilepsy. See what they say. Good Luck.

Hi
I too have these deja vu episodes that occur more and more after a few months break from it. It is like I am doing something EXACTLy as I have done before but it isn't possible. They are followed by nausea. Today I have had 7. Afterward I want to rest and I feel totally fried. I had a EEG which was normal and someone had mentioned Temporal Lobe Epilepsy but I am not convinced. But as I am doing my research tonight I am finding more and more people with the same issues so we're not alone
peevey wrote:

I too have had these strange Deja Vu episodes for about 16 years now. They used to be more frequent, and now I have then sometimes once a month. I experience a very strong feeling of Deja Vu first, which is intense, as if I am on a roller coaster. I see the image in my mind so clearly, and I've seen it before so many times. With this image comes very intense feelings, so much that I have to close my eyes and hold on to something. When the image begins to go away (within a minute or so) I feel very nauseated and this horrible headache hits me. My body is completely drained and the only thing that makes me feel better is to sleep. My mind is so foggy afterwards and I can' t remember anything, not the image I just saw or things I was thinking of prior to the episode. I feel like since they started around puberty, sometimes happen when I am about to start my period, and were VERY intense when I was pregnant, that they are related to hormones. My sister has them as well, but we are both too afraid to tell a doctor for fear that they will think we are crazy. I am glad to hear that that maybe I am not crazy since I see it has happened to others. I am still scared about this and feel like it may be time to get it checked out.

I am so happy to hear others with the same feelings!
Sometimes I get deja-vu and it will be so clear that I will tell the person I'm with what someone on tv will say next, or which car will drive past, or even what a person in the near vicinity is going to do next...freaky!
It's like there's a time delay where I am a few seconds ahead. I get a horrible feeling, then it just goes.
I have had this since I was young, but I don't suffer from depression or anxiety, and I take no meds.
When I was younger and experienced this I used to feel really strange and alone about it, but now I have read there are many that experience deja vu, so I know I am not alone. :-P

I have recently started taking strong meds and I now live each day like I have lived it before and it really making me feel afraid and lonely. I have been through alot this past two months and I am stressed to the max. It is reassuring in a strange way to hear others are having the same feelings. I have told others about this and they have told me it is impossible to see the future and to have lived the same day. I am feeling more alone each day sleep is the only time I can relax. Take care all

I too have been having these feelings for quite a few years now. We could just be standing in the kitchen having a conversation together with my family and all of a sudden it hits me real strong. We have done this before and I start to feel funny and spaced out. I will even announce that I'm having a deja-vu. Then once its over I wont remember what has happened up to that point in my day. Now that I know I'm not crazy, I will bring this up to my doctor. o.O

i did not start smoking till i was 15 yrs as far as i can remember i never expierenced deja vu, but i had very lucid and mundane dreams. so after i turned 15 maybe it was 14 i started smoking and i started expierenceing deja vu. i almost stop having dreams or atleast never remember them. so i was a everyday smoker and i would expierence deja vu like atleast 1 a month. but then there was this period of time where my friends all had jobs and everyone was buying funk and we where getting blazed all the time. I started expierence deja vu like every day sometimes multiple times in a day.

for me it was the insane feeling like i knew what is happening and i read how people claim they could guess what was happening ahead of time. for me i had this strong strong feeling like i could but i never really knew, but still as the deja vu was taking place i would put my life on it that i knew it was gonna happen but only right after it happens.
i enjoy it, ocasionally i ll get ones that last for a long long time like minutes and i think i enjoy it.

but ive cut back to about a gram of funk a day and i get deja vu about 2 times a month now. if i start smoking alot i get deja vu more frequently.

so for me without a dought in my mind marijuana has an effect on deja vu but i would like to know if its just me.

I had a bizarre experience last Friday. I am a lawyer and was in court when I had the strongest feeling I had been in the trial before and that I knew what the prosecutor was about to ask my client. I felt time was also moving differently to normal. I lent over and told a colleague that in a few minutes, the prosecutor would ask a particular question in a particular way. He did. My colleague gave me a very strange look. Even if it was caused by anything from tension to tumours, I cannot explain how I got a complex sentence exactly right three minutes before it happened and I have a colleague to corroborate me.

I too have experienced these DejaVu feelings since my early teen years. However to me, once the initial episode ends and my body and mind settle back down, I somehow feel more at peace - as if having the episode somehow confirms that everything is as it should be.

hey

when i sleep i dont remember what i dreamed but somedays i just get a kind of a flash not really a flash but knowledge about what´s going to happen
fx im in a wood on a road that suddenly splits to two roads the one way i know who im going to meet and what their responses are when i talk to them. and the other road is kind of unknown where i dont know what´s going to happen and who am i going to meet ec. i just wanna know i can master it, control it use it when it´s nessecary. plz help here