I have been on Hydrocodone 10-650 for about three years already. When I wanted to stop I have been trying with withdrawal pills, but they didn’t help me. Only I found as good is hot bath that helps with muscle spasms. That’s why I would like to hear if anyone can give me some info on tapering of Hydrocodone? I don’t know how long should I wait before cutting dosage down and how much to cut down?

I had similar problem, because I was addicted to Hydrocodone for about ten years. When I was deep into it, the last thing I could do was thinking clearly, rationally or objectively about anything. I was scoring and getting high as fast as I could or I was sliding into withdrawal and looking for the bathroom. Before you can really decide about long term recovery, you should have detox accomplished. That is as much as you can afford to think about for now. Hydrocodone is one of the tougher drugs to get on top of, and few can do it without tapering if they don’t get some skilled help. There are no more treatment options for avoid tapering off Hydrocodone for now. My suggestion would be just to think about detoxing right now. You may think about getting some professional medical help to see you through detox. The fact is you will look very different when you have got all the toxins out of your body and your mind is clear.

i've been addicted to hydrocodone for 2 yrs and the best way i found of deeling with it was tapering off on my own cause my doctor wouldn't help. I just slowly decreased my dosage by hours and millagrams. it depends on how much you are taking. drinking alot of water helps alot and i ended up not feeling any withdrawls. also if you can talk to your doctor and see if you can get any tylenol 3 because it has a low amount of codone in it but be careful cause it can be addictive.

I take anywhere from 4 to 8 lortab 7.5/500 or lortab 10/500 per day. I just need to know how long it takes for this stuff to get out of your system. I plan to detox soon just need to know how long before I'm clean to pee or clean for blood? Can someone help me with this???

thanks for this post i am going through withdrawals from Vicodin right now and its awful. I want to quit but dont know if I can. Al the info is helpful. Everythime I quit I can't sleep for days, my muscles tighten and spasm its worse then trying to quit smoking.
How LONG does this last. Usually after 3 days of going thru this I give up and take them again.

I know the feeling.

I've only taken the stuff when I was in pain, but the past two weeks was really bad. I think I went through about 25 7.5/325 in a week. not as much as some, but WAY more then I usually take. My back feels better, so I stopped taking it. I'm going on 36 hours and I broke down to take half a tab. I've been jonesin' in a serious way.

Symptoms: insomina, night sweats, mood swings, joint pain, and it's five am and I cannot sleep.

God this hurts. I did't think you could develop physical addiction in such a short time. Most people are talking 8-10 tabs a day, and I was taking 1-6

dear dolphin, I too am detoxing off hydro,,,,,i am in full withdrawal and like someone above just stated hot hot bathes have been helpful...stay in as long as you can . Does any one else have withdrawal treatment that we can do for ourselves? God bless and speed to recovery, Elizabeth

Clean to pee in 5 days after last dose.