:'( :-( %-) >;) is there any advice on how to detox myself at home from a 3 yr. percocet addition! i know it isnt safe but i have no other way can afford the rehab center and dont want to go to the methadone clinic,(trying to get help with one addition i dont need to start another one! )i know it isnt going to be easy but i got myself into this i need to get myself clean!!! i do atleast 8-15 512's a day, if i can get them, usually only a day without! what can i do to make this detox a little easier without a dr. or treatment center. ive got to do the cold turkey detox i have no insurance plus im currently drawing unemployment so no insurance!!!! please if anyone can help with any advise i would be forever in your debt!!!!! im 45 and need help badly!!! im aware of the dangers of the detoxing of opiates and doing it at home!!! my husband will take off from work to help be beat this terrible addiction. i dont take them for pain, im a recreational user!

there is no easy way.. you will wd hard if you just stop go cold turkey.. the best way is to go to a detox... if you cant you might try tapering down depending on your doseage .. how you take them.. you said you take 8 to 15 a day if you take them all at once.. try taking 12 for two days then ten for two then 8 for two day till you get yourself down to one a day... youll have trouble sleeping and you will be real moody.. it will go away in time.. just remember the sickness will stop you getting sick is you getting better... just remember if it get toooo bad go to the ER.. it is not good to detox alone.. have your husband despence the doseage to you each day dont try to do it yourself.. youll cheat... ill pray for you.. please pray for me...

You are right that it will not be easy, but this does not mean it isn't possible. Safety is a very important aspect because detoxing from opiates can be very dangerous. Luckily the web is full resources to help you manage the withdrawal symptoms and safely detox at home. There are many herbs that can be taken to help you along the way. Ginger is great for upset stomach and nausea which is often one of the more difficult symptoms to handle. Then sleeplessness is another symptom that you must find a way to cope with. Sleep is crucial for a safe and successful detox. I found that taking valerian root helps a great deal with the insomnia. Probably the worst symptom is the pain, which unfortunately doesn't have a lot of non narcotic alternatives. Taking ibuprofen or aleve can help take the edge off and keep pain at a level you can manage. I have created a resource that is full of these alternatives and also includes my story and recommended products. If you need further advice feel free to stop by my page ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Detoxing from opiates is not dangerous at all, dont fool yourself, its perfectly safe there is no danger from opiate withdrawal, just discomfort. YOu'll get through that. Good luck

i'm feeling your pain i was in a methadone maint. program and worked my way from around 40-150mgs of pills to 55mgs methadone and then down 2mgs a week down to around 16mgs and then I quit. I had trouble peeing on command and when you dont pee the count a couple times they count you as dirty and fee increases and you have to go there everyday like when you start. And I'm not complaining b/c the ^ fee is b/c they have to monitor you more closly and your lost priviliges are for being non compliant, now im kinda back where I began about 8 months ago, but a little better b/c got rid of a few bad "friends" and had some good counseling, but I'm trying to taper myself down but my desire and willpower are lacking but I'm not going to give up. My situation (that I got myself into/definately noone elses fault or unfavoreable circumstances) is tough b/c I will have to deal with constant temptation everywhere I go. I may end up having to find a new career path but In these times I'm afraid that I'll have scratch that i know that will be difficult. But I'm committed to getting better so I'm going to start now by only taking something when I am in terrible shape and take the least amt far as tolerable apart and see how it goes. I know it can be done tapering seems better than cold turkey In my opinion anyways.

The post above that states there is no danger in detoxing alone is wrong. I don't want to worry people but there are cases of death caused by opiate withdrawal. This is a disease of the central nervous system which controls the function of your body. Now a healthy individual is of course at a much lower risk and serious cases are rare but nobody should detox alone, at least have a friend or family member around in case things get too bad.

i had to give my meds to my wife as well. bad thing is, i got her on them too and will never forgive myself. i will cheat, she wont. i had a accident at work and ive had enough. im on day 3 but one of my girlfriends felt bad for me and i did a third of one. i kind of feel bad, like im going backwards. but it gave me at 11 at night the strength to do my reading, the dishes, answer my emails and shave my head. i will have to say, and im no better, but that sounds like alot a day. i do about 2 to 3 thirtys a day. you will need your husbands help.

wow, you are so wrong. you shouldnt be on here giving people advise if you dont know what you are talking about.

oLet me tell you. I used to shoot up meth for about 10 years. I'm clean and sober from that going on 6 years. I quit that cold turkey with no withdrawal symptoms whatsoever. I have been taking loritabs for about 3 years now and detoxing myself at home. On my second day. Yesterday I was so uncomfortable. Skin crawling, cold sweats, body pain, diareaha. I finally went an got myself some Kraptom capsules and they have taken away I'd say 95% of the withdrawal symptoms. I know the same thing doesn't work the same on everyone, but it's worth a shot. I got $10 pills for $10. I don't know if it's legal in every state, because the package said legal in my state.