I would so appreciate if you take the time to read what I have to say.. I would really be greatful

I've searched all over for this answer so thats why I am asking for help. I have probably avg. around 30-50mg of vicodin a day for the last few years..sometimes taking a week break or so.. maybe even a month... Years before that I was introduced to them and would take one on an occasion like before a movie or sitting back watching a ball game.. than it started to progress.. I have heard horror stories about people taking 15-20 a day and still cant fathom taking that much. Don't be under the impression that I feel I am better than these people b/c I take less than that and can control my addiction somewhat but I don't see myself ever needing to take that much to get my high... I do see signs though my addiction escalating b/c I now take one in the am.. Always would wait until after I got home with work.. I do get these meds prescribed so that why maybe I know I cant take to many a day or I will run out.. ANYWAY... my question is this..

After taking 10/325 norco's for so long (avg 3-5 a day) when I stop NOTHING happens.. i usually go for about an avg of 2-4 days before I get my next prescription.. Do withdrawal symptoms begin right away after stopping this type of does or do they begin days later? I never experienced anything except maybe a slight RLS at night before bed... or is this does actually ok and thats why i am not getting any withdrawal symptoms?

Thanks so much everyone for taking the time to read this..

BTW - I do take these meds to alleviate pain thats not chronic though and do take these sometimes to get a buzz... I would say 40% pain when I have bad days (very bad hip and back pain - fractured vertabre in spine and have a family history of horrible hips ) and 60% to get a buzz..

FOR THE EXACT question this post was created for so I didnt confuse you

- If withdrawal symptoms do occur when stopping an opiate cold turkey when do they begin in terms of hrs or days..

THANK YOU

PS - I started taking these meds b/c I blame it on my new job... Random drug testing.. the only thing I did before that was smoke weed.. than after I got this job I looked elsewhere to find something for an escape once in awhile and this drug was perfect b/c of my legal prescription..

IT MIND BOGGLES me that this country we live in allows for companies to test you when it clearly violates the 4th amendment!! Can never figure that out...

ok.. i'll go now :-) bye

you are taking a low dose of hydrocodone, and like you said you do not take them every day and you sometimes go days without taking them and you do not feel any sideaffects. (that is a good thing) you are not giving your body high does of hydrocodone, if you were doing so, (taking them every day 15-20 tabs a day then you would notice the withdrawl effect on that same day just hours later, and you would feel the urge to need more just to feel normal, (not high). Please whatever you do, for your body's sake don't take them everyday, your body will just start needing them all the time just to function throughout your day. (it's not a fun way of life that's for sure! trust me.....

first off home boy above is right u dont take enough and dont start.. withdraws begin bout 8 hours for me after the last pill or pills. me i was taken bout 11 a day. it makes you real restless ,mood swings..., um maybe loss of feeling for a while ......insomnia , shiting weird lol, and loss of appetight

I HAVE TAKEN ABOUT 10-20/ 10MG VICODIN FOR ABOUT A YEAR NOW... I STOPPED 11 DAYS AGO, AND I AM STILL GETTING SLIGHT MOOD SWINGS, AND I HAVE NO AMBITION TO DO ANYTHING. I DON'T FEEL ACHY ANYMORE (THAT WAS THE WORST FEELING EVER!) THIS IS THE HARDEST THING I'VE EVER BEEN THROUGH!! HOW LONG UNTIL I JUST FEEL NORMAL AGAIN?

it will stop bout 2 weeks later im near that now but it still sucks pretty fu**en bad thing is u get used to after a while i even hallucinated a bit lol trippy ass biochemistry

Don't worry...you are almost at the end of the tunnel. You can ask almost any doctor to give you propanadol to help alleviate some of the issues (sweaty, shaky feeling), you could ask for provigil to help get your "drive" back...also, a solid dose of valium 3 x's a day for a week (NO LONGER) can help lessen the "bad" feelings.

You are OK ! hang in there!

I have been on norco for 2 years now (10 mg 325 mg)I have been taking more then recommended taking at least 10 not to get high. I take them because I got hurt at work 2 years ago and have had 4 surgeries. I'm on the 18th hour of withdrawls i'm feeling okay.But I do know withdrawl symptoms i went throught it for a 28 hours and I know that sucks. I know that's not really long but it felt like an eternity. A month ago I had a spinal cord stimulator inplanted it dose not work that well I think this is the end there is not a whole more they can do. I want Off these pills but I don't think that is going to happen untill they can make me pain free !!!! but I dont want to go through withdrawls!!!! I start to do it but just cant handle it!!!!! :(

I have neen on Norco for 5-1/2 years and have been through utter hell I would take the prescribed dosage or less in the beginning, but Then started using to get that high and would take 4-5 4 or some times 5 times a day, around 6 hrs without a few pills and I start to get irritated at 8 hrs panic takes over giving me bad anxiety, At 12 hrs I get head aches and start to sweat get cold chills and fever I start to get sick to my stomach vommiting and diarrhea clumps like the guy above said weird sh*t. For me tomorrow will be my 5th day of not taking anything I quit cold turkey after drinking very heavy last Friday night and was hung over and withdrawing at the same time so I guess in being stupid Friday night drinking too much helped me this far. My only fear is that I will take some because I do still have a lot of pain 2 herniated discs in lower back, I need something to help take the edge off the pain like these pills did in the beginning I hurt so bad but refuse to take them, I feel like I am going to give in at any moment. Has anyone been through this or had anything like this happen to them?

I have been on hydrocodone and oxycodone for about 2 years now and i get 120 10/500s a month and they will b gone in 2 weeks.I am a nurses aide and I do alot of lifting.I have tried 2 go without them but i cant afford to miss any work due to withdrawls.I know that tramadols have the opiant in them and if u take 2 or 3 its like taking a lortab but where i live these drs around here dont want to give u anything.So does anyone know anything I can take 2 help me through when i runout and the doctors dont want to give u anything else so that i can GET OFF THESE PILLS and KEEP MY JOB WITHOUT LOSING MY COOL??????????I need help %-) %-)

The symptoms should start when the drugs are at the end of their life and have passed from your body vicoden is 4-8 hours I will however implor you to only take them when you absolutly have too there is only so much time you will sit on this fence and from the %s you mentioned you are already on an unsafe side of the fence,,, I know it's tempting but really leavethem alone altogether if you can try some good nsaids for your pain. I too have had (very severe) pain as an introduction to this cycle.

Good luck blessings
Krickett

I have been on hydrocodone 10/325's for right at a year now. I had rotator cuff surgery 3 times in 1 year! Anyway after my first surgery my Dr. prescribed 180 pills and they would last 30 days.......But after 3 months or so i noticed i had to take more and more and then realized i was'nt taking them for the pain..........I am taking them for the high i get and i can't quit~ My wife says i should be dead...................I am taking 40 to 45 pills a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear to God! 180 pills last only 4-1/2 days TOPS!!!! And what makes it worse, my wife has fibromyalsia and is on SAME drug and she gives me her pills. The first day i had to go without them......I felt like c**p! Was tired, my body ached everywhere! And when night time came i could not sleep! I felt like my blood was boiling or something! I started to itch everywhere it was awful!!!! Anyway to answer your question.........Depending on how many you take a day you can feel awful the very same day you go without.

I am going to finally talk to Dr. and see if her will put me on SUBOXONE.......Its supposed to be a miracle drug to get you off opiates!

GOOD LUCK ALL!!

Rick

Recently my doctor cut me down from 120 QtY mth- 10/325mg Norco to 90 QTY. That is 3 a day. This is the first month I ever ran out, because of a misunderstanding and the reason behind the idea of lower my amount. SO now I have been off of the norco for 4 days now.

The first night I experienced restless leg syndrome all night long. I slept 1 hour only. All the way through the night, i had reall bad sweats. After that next day, I started feeling more tired as usual. Now today, I feel very tired. I hope sleeping will make it better. I will now realize, that I must not take my 4 day and cut it back to 3. It is not worth the 10 days of being without.

For anyone out there who is in the same boat, I suggest taking the recommended dose by your doctor because when you run out, IT SUCKS!

Good Luck!

Have your tried suboxone? This will help you get off pills...but it is not meant to be on long term or you will get dependent on it also. You have to go to a specific doctor to get this prescribed to you.

My situation is similar to the above guest. I've taken three 10/500 Vicodin daily for the past two years due to severe nagging pain in my foot from a 35 year old motorcycle accident. I'm an old guy (67) that likes to stay physically active, i.e. cut firewood, garden, walks in the woods, etc. so three years ago I began taking small amounts of Vicodin that escalated to three a day. The pills help with the pain and give me energy and drive to do things. However, I decided last week to see what life is like without planning my day around pills.

Friday morning I had 1/2 a Vicodin, my last. Friday day and night were uneventful. Saturday I began to feel very tired, restless, loss of appetite, stomach pains and nausea. Saturday night was a nightmare. I tossed and turned for nearly three hours with severe muscle cramps, sinus headache, sneezing, coughing, watering eyes and of course, more foot pain. I couldn't lay still for more than a minute. I finally took a Xanax and slept for five hours.

I woke up this morning (Sunday) feeling like a zombie; headache, foot pain, no appetite, nausea, total listlessness. I can have my prescription refilled tomorrow, so I'm at a crossroad. I don't think I can take another week of these withdrawals; the older you get the harder it probably is on you.

I've tried oxycodone (no different than Vicodin) and Ultram (pretty worthless). My doctor suggested a patch, but I have the feeling they are really addictive.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have been taking Hydrocodone 10/325's (about 6-8 a day) for the last 4 months due to a back surgery I had 4 months ago. I have needed these pills to keep me going, I have a constant dull achy pain in my back that irritates me constantly. The surgery I had help, but there is still pain when I do not have the pills. I have ran out of these pills 3 times now and had my prescription refilled by my doctor all three times but had to wait up to a week on some occassions before I could get it refilled. During that period I went through a bout of being extremely tired, worn down, body aches, headaches, stomach pains, and that clumpy diarrhea. This has happened to me on all three occassions when I ran out. This first time it happened was around flu season, I thought I had the flu so I went to the doctors and they said I had a sinus infection, so I took the meds that they gave me. The second time I went back to the doctor thinking I did not kick the sinus infection and they told me I had a virus, gave me nothing and sent me home. I slept for 3 days, got my Hydrocodone prescription refilled and was fine, now I am out again and I seem to have the same symptoms. I am starting to think it is withdrawl, please give me your advise. Thanky you.