I’ve been off of hydrocodone for 10 days now. The reason I’m not taking hydrocodone is because I don't have any. Sleeping has been a big problem and I ache most of the time. I feel tired. I was taking about 14 -10mg of hydrocodone a day. I took them at about 7.30 in the morning and about 1in the afternoon and 3 more around 7:30. I think I have hydrocodone addiction and I need some help.

I have been off for 7 days, from a 3 year addiction. I sought out medical help before starting the detox and my doctor prescribed me welbutrin accompanied with a non- narcotic pain pill. I was taking 200mg a day of hydrocodone. All was well until this morning, I relapsed on 20mg, so don’t be stupid like me. I am now praying to god that I pass a drug test on Wednesday and it is Saturday now. Keep up the good work!

You will go through depression be prepared it is usually a week or later from when you stop taking them. You must stop it is shuting down your organs and eventually you will have serious health issues if you continue. They are not designed for long term. Do what you need to do to stop at all cost.

10 days! Thats great keep going. I was addicted to oxycotin. I had horrible withdrawl. Someone suggested taking Bayer back & body ache asprin over the counter. It really helped. Also, try taking a nice hot bath b4 bed to help you relax and sleep more comfortable. If that doesn't work maybe your doctor can prescribe Lunesta for you. Drink lots of fluid and start taking a muti-vitamin. You really need to quit. Hydro will destroy your organs. I'm still all new to this but any advise I get I try it because anything is better than going back to day one withdrawls. You will see that each day gets better. Hang in there and allow yourself time to heal. LOLuck!

Thanks for the tips. I have been taking hyrocodone for two years now - I take 5-6 pills a day of the 5/500. I've tried not take and I ache terribly - can't function or work. Any suggestions?

Hey bobb, great going man. It’s great to know that you are without hydrocone for 10 consecutive days now. Be it any reason but the bottom line is that you are off hydrocone abuse for 10 days. Initially you will feel like what you are feeling now but do not fall for it again. I know it’s tough for you, but look at it; you have already been through your toughest days. Abstain from it for some more days and you will be completely out of it. For now you will be having some more sleepless nights but if you get into this again then you will be having a life full of sleepless nights. The choice is completely yours. In case you start to feel that it’s becoming impossible to abstain from the drug I would then suggest you for rehabilitation. These rehab centers have plethora of programs and I am sure you will find yourself one such program. I can help you with further details, provided, you let me know what you want.
Good luck.

I have been on and off of pain pills for about six years now but most recent for about a year with osteo arthritis and three bulging discs in the L3 L4 L5 lower back area but depend on loracet and have been out of them for 3 days now and trying not to use the but about to go crazy..

Hey i'm angela i'm a 26 yr old female who's wuz dianosed with cancer abt 5 months ago, an along with that i wuz prescribed pain meds. i never took more than i should have, i took em as they were prescribed, so i thought i won't become addicted, well i wuz wrong. I made the choice to stop taking my med's an just opt for surgery, well i'm now on day 4 w/out pain med's, an i feel ok, a lil achey an the cravings are still there, an the first 3 days were pure hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but i got through the rough spots, an today i feel a lil better. I went through this with my x, he got addicted 2 yrs ago, an i swore that wouldn't happen to me, but it did. Even though the cravings are there an the withdrawls are still there, an even though i would like the symptoms to go away,i don't want em (pills), i can't. The way i got through the really hard days wuz basiclly sleep as much as u can, if u have to take nyquil, then do it, make sure u take vitamins on a daily basis, drink o.j. even eat choclate. there's a chemical in choclate that will help, it's not instant, but hey coming off of med's nothing is instant except that high, FIGHT IT...were alot stronger than we give ourselves credit for.......

GOT MY KNEE REPLACED NOV.2006. STAYED ON NORCO FOR 3 MONTHS. COULDN'T GET OFF OF IT. NAUSEATED, FEET HOT AND TINGLY, TEETH JANGLED, SKIN HURT, JOINTS HURT, EARS RINGING, HOT & COLD, COLD SENSITIVITY, SOUNDS HURT. GOT RELIEF WITH HOT JACUZZU BATHS. WHILE IN WITHDRAWAL I COULD NOT SLEEP. TRIED AMBIEN WHICH WORKS BUT IS ALSO ADDICTIVE. THEN USED MELATONIN TO SLEEP. WORKS GREAT. IT TOOK ABOUT 2 OR 3 WEEKS TO WITHDRAW FROM NORCO. GOT NO HELP FROM DOCTOR EXCEPT TO PRESCRIBE ANOTHER ADDICTIVE DRUG. I LOST 15 POUNDS. WISH I COULD REPEAT THE WEIGHT LOSS WITHOUT THE ADDICTION AND SIDE EFFECTS.

I've been on a chronic pain treatment program for almost 9 years now. At it's worst I was give 60mg Oxy, plys 40mg Norco a day. Then I'd add my own source for another 10 Norco a day.
Now I am quitting - It's been 4 days and each day is worse.
Can anyone tell me how much longer it will get worse before it gets better? I don't know how much more I can take.
Are there other medications a doc could proscribe to help out (without becoming addicted to that as well)??
How much longer? How much deeper will this go...

i have been on vicodin for about 3yrs now i have never taken more than 6 a day because i am very into studying alot... and i am a dental assistant, pharmacy technician, and medical coder and biller.... you have to be very careful it is the acetaminophen that willl cause liver damages... yea i kno they make you happy and full of energy... but you cannot abuse them... i am very strong willed and in tons of pain from 12 car accidents and i have been very depressed due to the fact that docs suck and couldn't figure out why i was in sooo much pain... but believe me i found a website and an angel and i will be having surgery soon to fix it and then no more vicodin.... you just have to be strong and not overindulge as to with anything in life you can eat a piece of cake you just cant eat the whole cake understand..... live by that and you will be fine. i will pray for you all....

Hey , i've been on on Pain management for about close to four years and I am 25 years old . I got to where I was taking close to 400mg of oxycodone per day .I've been through many accidents . I got hit by a car when I was 6 , fell off a 75-100 foot cliff when I was 17 , and been in 3 car wrecks . Due to all I have shattered and broken alot of bones in my legs and back because of this I have a lot of metal in my body . I have tried to stop so many times and always get sucked back in , due to withdrawals and aching . This time I have quit officially 14 days now , the longest I have ever made it . Im sleeping normally now but still get cold chills and sweating . How long does it take for this to go away .

After I lost my first and only child, I continued my hydrocodone use as I discovered it numbed the emotional pain some too. A total of 3 years, starting out with hydro, all the way up to 80mg of hydro per day. Now I even find myself taking the occasional Oxycontin. Thank goodness I had friends to tell me I had a problem. So i quit cold turkey. 2 days and I'm feeeelin like helllllll, so the 3rd day (after I threw up) went to the doc. He said I could go to the hospital for detox. I said no. So he prescribed Catapres (yes its a blood pressure medicine, but it has its uses here too), and Klonopin, one of the milder benzos for anxiety. The two were prescribed in a step-down weaning method. But tonight is the end of night 4. Early in day 4 I kinda felt like back as a kid when you recovered from a realy really bad case of the flu and everything seemed new....like walking, talking, and seeing straight, lol. I'm almost through the roughest part, but again....the worst part is to be strong enough to stay off the narcotics.

i have a hydro addiction. i have been taking them constantly since my junior year in high school, i am now 19. i have done everything to get my hands on them, i am in debt now because of my addiction. i have gone to many many different doctors just to get it, and i now cant afford it so i find them on the streets, or i take them from my mother.

i cant afford treatment

there are no "groups" where i am from. i live in a small town.

i dont know what to do.

being in debt from them, causes stress which makes me need them even more...

lots of people know about it, but they dont know what to do.

i think my mom has a sense, but she doesnt know what to do

im lost.

For I have done for 2 years oh what a life I have not seemed to remember for I have not only smoked 2 packs of cigarettes a day.
I have become numb do I will ever see the common things that have got me here today. People I love only if they knew I was well beyond a addict without any thought or care for what I have became.

It will get easier talk it out as you are now doing it for yourself just for once you need to feel the pain to remind you what you have become.
each shooting pain ache sleepless nights need to happen to remind you never again never will i forget another day for what a pill will do for ones soul. suffering will be my recovery.
I do love life things will occur to remind of that first high but looking back is it going to be one more day i forget so i can get in a state of mind because im selfish and care free of my surroundings

Everyone of you are doing great keep it up it does get better just imagine 10 days from now you will be all better and you will pass the same message of hope to one another.