hi, i recently took about 25mg of hydrocodone in 1 sitting. it has been about 24 hours scince and my pulse is notaceably slower and fainter sounding. is this serious?

The reason that your heart rate slowed and felt faint is because of the large dose you took at once. 25 mg is wopping dose of hydrocodone to take at one time. This can cause your respirations to decrease, as well as cause a drop in blood pressure and heart rate. Be careful with this large a dose of narcotic.

Erowid.org. Ive takin up to 50 mg "dont do this" and felt fine but a little woozy. everyone is different and the amount of hydrocodone youd need to od is very high. if you plan on using this recreationally please make sure there is no extra ingredient in the pill. such as APAP.

APAP ("Tylenol") is always likely going to be in hydrocodone scripts. And yes, PLEASE don't take 50mg at once! Thats is crazy!

My heart rate increases when take hydrocodone (resting heart rate between 100-120 if I take one 7.5/500mg pill) and it was explained to me that hydrocodone sedates (relaxes) your body, making your respirations (breathing) slower. When you breathe slower and more shallow, you don't take the usual amount of oxygen, and so the c02 (carbon dioxide) in your body rises. When we have an increase in c02, our heart rate increases in order to force our blood to shoot around faster in attempt to spread the oxygen around and lower the carbon dioxide.

Rapid heart rate can put you at risk for heart attack, etc. Be careful!

That's a brain full, but hope it helps. :-P

Is hydrocodone suppose to relax you? i take this for cronic pain/fibromyalgia, etc, but it makes me feel very energetic. Although, afterwards, very tired! Damn near smoke a pack a day when i have to take it.

i sometimes take up to 50 mg of hydrocodone a day, it is prescribed to me this way and it always makes me sick i dont see why you would want to take this for recreational use...its dangerous and not good for you but if you must take it do it in small doses!

I'm confused by this post, I thought hydrocodine comes in 500mg tabs. I take two 500mg tabs of vicodin three times a day. 5mg of codine and 500 of acedeminiphrine per tab? Somebody please set me straight on this.

to the person who said not to take 50mg at a time... i get that prescribed to me by my dr and i dont get sick, so dont f*****g try to be a know it all.

... yes 5/500 means 5mg hydrocodone and 500 mg aceteminiphen.

premierband wrote:

Quote:

Have you ever considered what it will take to quit using this drug? I was an abuser of vicodin for several years and I'm over 55. I quit once for about 17 months but started again when my house went to foreclosure. I used it to treat depression and stress. Finally I realized my lung function was being compromised and this effected my heart rate. I already had mild eurhythmia. Suddenly I felt like I was having a heart attack so I quit four months ago. I won't use again.

I love how your name is "youradumbass". Learn how to spell you f*****g m***n.

I had knee surgery in February an prior to that a run of different medical conditions, including LOTS of dental work.. So needless to say, I've taken too much myself. Yet, I'm still dealing with knee pain (may have to undergo another surgery) and still have ongoing dental issues.. Lately I've had lots of panic attacks, leaving me feeling like I can't breathe.. Idk what to do but I don't want to keep on this path..

I was bi polar manic depressive (living in hell). I had knee surgery and was given Narco for pain.
The bi polar disappeared, I was born again. I take10-325 Narco, 5 t0 6 pills per day. Fourteen years ago I started with 4 a day. I now have grown to the 5 to 6 per day. I feel that's good control. It changed my life.

500 mg is the amount of APAP (Tylenol) the 5mg is the amount of hydrocodone. They come in different doses. 5/325 5/500 etc.

How long after you stop taking them did your heart go back to normal? 'Not having the feeling your gonna have a heart attack' I also quite but I still have that feeling at times. My heart races at times. It's been two weeks I stopped

Hi well I have a 500 mg tablet and I was wondering if it causes heart problems or if I should take it in the day instead of at night...