My menopausal symptoms started. I am 46 years old, work for insurance company. This is very hard for me and I am not coping with new situation very well. I don’t want to start with meds right a way. I was thinking to try with some natural treatments first to see what will happen. I need some advice or opinion about treatments for menopausal symptoms.

The only primary care providers who are trained in the diagnosis and conventional management of medical conditions such as menopause can provide you right information about treatment for menopausal symptoms. However, I know that there exist many natural treatments: particularly botanical medicines, for the treatment of the symptoms and risks associated with menopause. Some of the better known effective botanical treatments for relief of hot flashes are black cohosh and dong quai, but properly prescribed homeopathic medicines can be helpful as well. For example soy products may help to decrease the risk of osteoporosis in women with mild to moderate risk of osteoporosis and Hawthorn is thought to improve memory loss associated with menopause, as well as lower risk of heart disease. Take care.

Hi I had a hysterectomy in 2000, complete ovaries and all. I had HRT prescribed ntil this year, where I have had to end HRT tablets, since then I have had all of the above in magnitude, I live in the UAE now and HRT is not widly used, I have tried the patches but in 50degree heat they slip off, I have tried livial tabs 2.5mg but have gained weight rapidly. Why cant I find a replacement for the HRT Premarin 1mg and 2mg here in the UAE. Im deparate to get something, I have resorted to Melatinin to help me sleep, but th ehot flushes and mood swings also the weight gain are becoming unbearable. Can you help suggest anything, maybe natural, if I can remember to take the tabs each day, cos my memory is going to. Thank you :-|