Does anyonelse suffer with feelings of their body having pins stuck in them. I am 51 and have just started the menopause. This hapopens mostly when having a hot flush.

When women start their menopause, they start feeling many things they haven’t felt before and this is probably all pretty weird, getting used to a new condition is definitely not an easy job, though. Hot flashes affect the great majority of menopausal women and they could last for more than a year, in some women even more than five years. I believe this is very unpleasant as during hot flashes the skin on the neck and head becomes red and the sweating is excessive, could be accompanied with chills as well. The pins and needles sensation you feel is also one of the symptoms of being in the menopause. This is completely natural, no worries. If you ever have a feeling that your heartbeat is not normal, don’t be afraid, this is also listed among the menopausal symptoms, as well as vaginal dryness, loss of bladder control, vaginal and bladder inflammation etc. You can always consult the doctor about some reliving therapy.

:( I am 54 and yes right before a hot flash I too get feelings as though pins were sticking in my body all over.

yes. Im 47 and have this pretty much every hour it seems. Also my heart races at the same time. Excessive perspiration, stinging hot flushes, heart racing, skin crawling, weight gain (especially round middle) excessive bloating :-( Have been suffering this and other symptoms for 7 years now. I cant take HRT so am always on the hunt for natural alternatives ..... unfortunately none have worked yet :-(

I started perimenopause in my late twenties. At first, I was in rejection, but it's been long enough for me to come to terms. What's interesting is how every woman seems to have their own unique symptoms! They definitely overlap but it's just weird to me. I actually watched this movie "Hot Flash Havoc", and not only was it an encyoclopedia of like everything menopause, but it showed how different women deal with their unique symptoms all over the world. Some of things people have to deal with straight up blow my mind, but then I look at older women in more impoverished areas and they think it's ridiculous how white women complain about menopausal difficulties. It's all in perspective I guess. Here's the link if anyone's interested:

***post is edited by moderator *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use