I have trouble falling asleep and would like to hear what the best sleeping aides are. I don't know what could be the cause of my insomnia but the fact is that I work hard each day and am so tired during whole the day but when I finally lye down I don't manage to sleep no matter how sleepy and tired I am or maybe it is for my allergy due to which I am on antihistamines daily. Anyway no matter the cause if my insomnia I need to hear what are the best sleeping aids and do I have to be prescribed sleeping aids or I may get them as over-the-counter. Thanks?

You may get sleeping aids in both ways but in both cases you must be aware of their serious side effects such as dizziness, next day drowsiness, coordination problem but also constipation and urinary troubles as well as dry mouth and throat and blurred vision so if I were you I would do anything to avoid taking sleeping aids and I also advice you better find out what is the cause of your bad sleep and try to cure the cause first-so your insomnia may caused by your allergy for example and I don't think that sleeping aids in combination with antihistamines could help you get some qualitative sleep or it may be caused by the depression and if it is about the depression related than I think some mild antidepressants would help.