I had to learn there is a drug called Vytorin, which reduces the amount of cholesterol. I also learn that is a type of fat absorbed by the body. This drug should also block the production of cholesterol in the body. I know this since my doctor prescribed it to me to fight my disease. However, I would like to know more about drug I am going to take. Could anyone tell me more about Vytorin, is there some important info I should know?

Vytorin is used to reduce the total amounts of cholesterol, LDL, or bad cholesterol, and triglycerides, which are another type of fat. Beside this purpose, Vytorin is also used to reduce apolipoprotein B, which is a protein needed to make cholesterol in the blood. Vytorin is also used to increase the level of HDL or good cholesterol in patient’s blood. These actions may reduce the risk of hardening of the arteries, which can lead to heart attacks and stroke. However, I have to say that rare cases of muscle problems and liver problems have been associated with the use of Vytorin and other similar medicines. That is why you should contact your doctor immediately if you experience any side effects. This is especially if you notice unexplained muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness, especially if accompanied by a fever or flu-like symptoms. Moreover, yellowing of the skin or eyes, abdominal pain, unexplained fatigue, dark colored urine or pale colored stools are also symptoms that should be checked by your doctor. These side effects may be early symptoms of muscle or liver problem, so your doctor may want to monitor cholesterol levels, liver function, or other factors. Many diagnostic methods, such as blood tests should be done before starting and during treatment with Vytorin.

I recently started taking Vytorin to reduce my Triglyceride levels. It has work great, but I have experience several of the side effects mentioned at your site but my levels have dropped drastically, but I continue taking the drug. I recently went to update my polygraph test. My results were inconclusive.