I know there are “good and bad” cholesterol. Also I think I know bad one makes us get heart attack and stroke. I was reading something about cholesterol in some magazine. There I have found Crestor could be used to help us with cholesterol. Is that true, and what I should know about Crestor?

You read it correctly. Crestor reduces cholesterol by blocking liver manufacturing it. While we are sleeping, the liver creates cholesterol, that’s why Crestor should be taken at night. Even if your diet was 100% fat free, cholesterol is still manufactured. That is because your body needs to create certain hormones and cell membranes. It’s also true that there are two types of cholesterol LDL and HDL. Doctors call HDL “good cholesterol”. High levels of LDL cholesterol cause heart attack and stroke. Crestor has job to reduce LDL levels and increase HDL levels in your blood. There can be situation if your liver is not working properly, so Crestor may not be a good drug for you. For this reason, you should have some test with your doctor to check if Crestor is appropriate for you. Test for checking liver condition is very simple, with blood test.