Hi. I'm very worried for my mother because her present general health state isn’t so good. Beside all the problems she has with her weight, she’s also passionate smoker and real gourmand.
Because of her strong and frequent headaches- I've taken her to see a doctor. He told us that she has high levels of cholesterol in her blood which damaged her arteries and brings her in high risk of developing some serious heart problems such as heart attack!
He prescribed her some Lipitor drug and told us she should use it regularly. Is there anything I should know about this drug?

Well, like you probably assume purpose of this drug is to lower her cholesterol in blood. It should also educe the amounts of LDL cholesterol, triglycerides, and lipoprotein B and many other bad substances.
What’s important about this drug- I don’t know how old are your mother and are she planning to become pregnant again but this drug is in the FDA pregnancy category X which means that Lipitor is known to cause birth defects if it is taken during pregnancy.
Most common side effects that could occur from using this drug are an allergic reaction, decreased urine or rust-colored urine and blurred vision.