What are the implications of a high ALT (163), AST (54) and a high GGT (74) readings? It seems to suggest a problem with liver &/or bile duct from my brief research so far. Coupled to above high readings, my cholesterol level also shows higher than normal range. LDL (209), HDL (45), T.Chol/HDL Cholestrol Ratio (6.07), Total Cholesterol (273).

With above results, can we draw any prelimary findings and possible implications? What should I do to improve my readings or my conditions?

Appreciate your help in this.

Thank you and regards,

Isaac C.

There are many different things can cause liver enzymes to rise, from infections like hepatitis (which you would have already known of), alcohol abuse to liver inflammation from medications and certain herbs. But, judging from your high cholesterol levels it could easily be caused by fat build -up in liver cells. You really need to change your lifestyle in order to start noticing the difference. Are you overweight? The most important thing is to reduce fat intake – there are different kinds of fat, and saturated fats are the ones responsible for high cholesterol. They can often be found in commercially baked cookies, crackers and snacks.

The hepatitis virus screen tests are "Non-Reactive" for me hence I would assume this cause is ruled out. Am not overweight nor an alchoholic though I do drink occasionally. Does it imply a potential liver disease? I am planning for kids also. Would this affect my chances of having children and would it have any effects on the children's health? In fact, I had earlier found out about my vericocelle condition and remembered that one of the side effects is the increased cholesterol level should I not do a corrective surgery (no surgery done yet and no medication prescribed for this condition). In addition, I am also having some ED problems and been prescribed with Viagra. Are there any links to the various medical conditions that I am currently facing?

Cholesterol levels can be successfully lowered with the right diet so I really think you don’t need any surgery for that. Like I said, avoid as much as you can fried and heavy food. But your doctor will recommend you what you should eat or do in much more detail. This shouldn’t have any effect on the health of your future children. It will be ok because it was discovered in time.

1) Is the cholesterol issue and the high ALT, AST aand GGT readings anything related to my ED problem? Have tried Viagra but doesnt seem to help much. Appreciate your clarifications again.

2) At the same time, I do have migraine problem. As carefegot is meant to restrict the blood vessels, would the consumption of carefegot increase my risk of stroke or heart attack given my current high cholesterol level?

Thanks once again.