I have been on birth control for ten years. I have been on Yaz for the past 2 years. The only reason I went on birth control was because my period was sooo heavy. I had to stay home during 'those days.' My husband and I are wanting to conceive now. I am scared to go off the pill because I'm worried that I'll have to deal with a very heavy period again. Has this happened to anyone before? Are they normally lighter after being on the pill? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

10 years is a long time to be on birth control. It sounds like you and your husband are ready for a family. Some women do have really heavu bleeding and i agree, it is controlled with birth control, but...I am sure you can endure a few months or so with a heavy period if it means having a baby.You might get lucky and get pregnant right out of the gate, then no periods for nine whole months. After baby comes, jump right back on them.