I have always had very irregular periods. Sometimes I miss my period for 3 months. I’m 29 and want to get pregnant now. I think that have fertility disorder because don’t ovulate every month. I am going to visit my gyn next week.

I have always had irregular periods as you described. I was surprised when figured that stayed pregnant accidentally. I have always thought that my fertility was poor and that there would be problems getting pregnant. After my first childbirth my periods are more regular. Obviously my hormones got calmed.

I have always had very irregular periods. Sometimes I miss my period for 3 months. I’m 29 and want to get pregnant now. I think that have Fertility disorder because don’t ovulate every month. I am going to visit my gyn next week.

I have the same problem, although I have had alot of testing and my doctor had diagnosed me with Polycystic ovarian syndrom. Irregular periods, obesity, diabetes, discolored skin patches, cysts on the ovaries are just few of the symptoms...although you don't need to have all syptoms to have PCOS. It could be possible that this might be a factor...ask your doctor about this, they may require a pelivic ultra sound, a pap smear, and blood tests to determin so. Then ask them about Metformin, it's ment for a diabetic, but works great for those with PCOS for regulating the body chemicals and periods. My husband and I were wondering why I haven't gotten pregnant after 4 years of unprotected sex. This is why, although, my mother had the same issue but she had no problem getting pregnant. It effects everyone different.

I have the same problem. I concieved the first time on the pill and now trying for number 2 its craz. The doc says i have only one working ovary but that i do ovulate so its up to me to keep track. well it isnt working and im frustrated so hang in there it will come in time.

HI,
I HAVE IRREGULAR PERIODS FROM LONG TIME,I M 27,BUT MARRIED FROM LAST TWO YEARS NOW WANT TO CONCEIVE BUT HAVE PROBLEMS WITH IRREGULAR PERIODS.

doctor had diagnosed me with Polycystic ovarian syndrome. Irregular periods, EXCESS HAIR GROWTH,EXCESS WEIGHT e.t.balance MY HORMONES BUT THAT WILL NOT HELP ME TO CONCEIVE ON THE OTHER SIDE,CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME PLZZZZZZZZZ.

I M IN CRAWLEY UK

I am 25 and have been married since last 4 years. Since, we were planning to have kids after a couple of years of our marraige and I always had irregular periods, I was prescribed Yasmin (birth control pill) for contraception and to regulate my periods. We have been trying to get pregnant for almost 8 months now with no results.

From what I have heard, a fertile woman having regular sexual intercourse without using contraception will likely conceive within one year of trying. Anything short of that is not considered infertility; just normal odds. Everything must fall into place for pregnancy to occur. The egg only lives a short time and sperm must be present when this happens. It is only a day or two each month and this can vary. Even when you time intercourse to coincide with ovulation it still requires a certain amount of luck for fertilization, implantation and normal development to occur.

But, I understand that when you are trying to get pregnant with no results its very tough. And that too with irregular periods its all very complicating to put all the pieces together.

Thank you.

hi, I am 19 and have always had an irregular period. I can't remember the last time I had one, and I don't have the money for an obstetrician. I am thinking of planned parenthood, but I wanted to get some outside advice. So, I was wondering if it is possible to get pregnant with a very irregular period? I am scared to death that I might not be able to have a child later on. If anyone has any answers, could you please post them. Thanks.

i wouldnt worry to much about it, i myself had several abortions when i was around your age. These were difficult times for me, i always thought that b/c of my irregular periods that i wouldnt be able to have children again. but i did conceive again at 22, and again i just found out after 2yrs of unprotected sex that i am again pregnant. im now 27. so dont worry to much about your irregularity. i was lucky to get my period every 3mos...hope this helps

irregular menses for two to six months. Iwant to get pregnant now1

i have had irregular periods every since my period started when i was 13. when i was 19, 18 days before my 20th birthday i found out i was pregnant. and to be honest it was pure luck. i def wasnt trying or anything and it happen. now i am trying to get pregnant and im having no luck. my periods are still irregular even after having my son. i have a period maybe 4 times a year. so good luck to everyone thats trying!

Trying to become pregnant month after month is very exhausting and I sympathize with each of you. I am wondering if anyone can help me. I have had a regular period every 30 days for years and last month it was 34 days, we are trying to get pregnant and now I am not sure how to calculate ovulation. Should I base it on 30 days which is my normal period length or 34 days which happened last month. I hope someone has had this and can help.

I am 25 yrs old I have an almost 4 yr old daughter I started my period when I was 12 yrs old I get my period maybe 4 times a year if im lucky I haven't had mine in 4 months now I have been having unprotected sex with my husband for 4 yrs and I still haven't had any luck. It took 2 yrs of unprotected sex to get pregnant with my daughter and that was not trying. I am frustrated because I want to have another one when they are still young together. I have talked to my obgyn and we tried a hormone called provera it is supposed to make you shed the lining of your uterus each month it did that but i didn't get pregnant. he told me my next step was to go on a fertility drug called clomid. Does anyone know anything about this? I haven't tried it yet I'm a little nervous about it. It is possible to get pregnant while having irregular periods but in 6 yrs of unprotected sex I have gotten pregnant once. Make sure you talk to your doctors they can help you figure things out.

i was married for ten yrs to my first husband i cried every time i had my period. i am also very irregular.my ex .told me he wanted kids so gave him the divorce' 6 months past i met my 2nd husband .he asked me to get married. i told him i couldnt have kids. he laughed and said every women can have kids. we got married 2 months i was expecting.ill tell you how.drink a tea called damiana,3 times a day and a asprin a day with pepsi. the tea will help your hormones and help regular your periods.and help you ovulate,the asprin will help your blood thin and make your uteris strong,the damiana you can get it at any hispanic store. try for at least 4 months , i did it and now i have two kids,and you know it dont matter how old you are ,i had my first at 29, my second at 41 there both healthy.now i want one more so im drinking damiana and my asprin. o please the most important thing is pray to god everyday .

Yes you can get pregnant with an irregular period. It will be unplanned as your menstrual cycle is irregular. It could happen when all things are lined up.