Please let me know does this birthcontol pill.....Aviane make you gain weight or will it clear your face up? What are the side effects and what is the best pill to take? I am 38 years and I am taking the pill ....just started 3 days ago, but reason why I am taking it is to straighten out my period each month. I never no when I am going to start or stop. Is this a good pill for me? Please help!!!! %-)

i have been using it for 3 years now. each person is different, but i had similar problem with regularity of periods (no apparent reason why they were off, healthy, non-smoker). i also had hormonal acne that worsened with stress. i was very concerned about weight gain, but experienced none. not one pound. nor did i find it difficult to maintain weight. my skin also cleared up a bit, though not all the way. you shouldn't smoke with any oral birth control pill, especially over 35. otherwise, i found this to be a great option