Diagnosed With PCOS Today. Can Anyone Give Me Some Advice?

hi, the hormone fluctuations caused by pcos can certainly cause excess body hair and increased weight gain, and treatment for the pcos will stabilise these levels and help with the symptoms. the pill is probably the best way for you to start, as long as you are maintaining a healthy lifestyle and eating plan then this will only help matters not worsen the situation. as for the pill making you fat - some types of pill can cause you to feel slightly unwell for the first few days, but only in the way that you feel sick when you haven't eaten for a while, for this reason some people eat to feel better but end up gaining weight. if you recognise these signs and avoid the urge to eat "un-necessarily" then you should be fine. hope this helps - kate

Hi - I am now 39 but was diagnosed with PCOS & Endometriosis at age 18. I had a wedge resection done to stimulate my ovaries (worked) but as a result got bad adhesions and still had hormonal problems ie depression, weight etc. Then when I tried to fall pregnant had to have another op to clean up the adhesions and put my 'bits' back together. I was very lucky to have 1 healthy baby boy who is now 17. However my PCOS never went away and at age 22 had to have a full hysterectomy and ovaries removed (my grandmother died of ovarian cancer and my mother also had PCOS). I don't want to scare you with this information but what I would love to do is encourage you to get help with your hormones now from a qualified naturopath who specialises in Metagenic products. I have been on anti depressants for 20 years and am still a hormonal mess. I have just got onto a pharmacist who sells metagenic products and he is going to help me get off Effexor and balance out my hormones. If you can get your hormones sorted and your dietery needs sorted (most people with PCOS are Insulin resistant) you will save yourself the heartache that I have been through. Because I had my ovaries removed I became surgically menopausal and so have spent the last 18 years trying to survive. I am so lucky I have a darling husband who supports me. You are very fortunate that you are young and living in an era that has so much help out there. I hope you can find a good therapist who can help you and save you from any operations or unnecessary pain. It is curable. Dr Sandra Cabot is a specialist in this field and Insulin Resistance. Good luck.........

....

Can you still lose weight with having PCOS..................

I WHEN READING THESE BLOGS..IF WE ALL JUST KNEW WHAT EVERY ABBREVIATION MEANT...WE ALL WOULD BE PRETTY SMART. IF WE ONLY HAVE THE TIME TO LOOK UP EVERY ABBREVIATION....WE WOULD ALL BE PRETTY SMART. IT WOULD MAKE IT SO MUCH EASIER IF PEOPLE WOULD " SPELL IT OUT" WHAT IT MEANS...ETC. I ASSUME PEOPLE ARE LOOKING FOR HELP...OR, MAY HAVE INFORMATION TO HELP SOME....IF THEY JUST KNEW WHAT THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT.

Hi, PCOS is a universadlly accepted abbreviation for the condition. The original poster used the abbreviation so obviously is comfortable with its use, and the people who have advice also have, if you are unaware of the terms then you are probably not qualified to answer the query. If you are just trying to widen your knowledge, it is not rocket science to look it up on a search engine if you want to know, or try asking nicely!! (instead of shouting or demanding in blunt, grammatically incorrect, unrelated statements)

I was also recentaly, diagnosed with PCOS. In my experience, taking birth control pills, even ones for women with PCOS made problems worse for me. Made my acne much worse whle taking the pill and now, after I stopped taking them. Also, made me have horrible PMS, very emotional and aggitated.

I just stated wrinting a blog as a form of therapy after beening diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, TMJ and PCOS within a 4 month timeframe.

Hallo Friend

The most probable cause of this problem is the hormones that have lost balance in your body. Personally i also got this problem in 2008 and some one refered me to a doctor who uses a hormone balancing suppliment called feminine herbal and put me on their weight loss program called "GR2 Control", the doctor is a member of GNLD International and so he gave me this product to use. I took this suppliment and after 3 week, my hair started growing back and also i was able to loose 6kilogrames in 2 weeks. So i think if you used these products from any GNLD distributor in you home country, it will be of help. I feel better now and move around very heathy. Try these products, if they worked for me, i think they will also help you

Immaculate
***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

Uganda