Hello ...Sorry in advance for the grossness

I seem to be having some weird spotting, despite having a regular 26-28 day cycle ..I was supposed to start my period today (7/3/13) but yesterday I had horrible cramps around 10:30/11:00pm and started spotting heavily brown and red, so I threw on a pad because it looked like the start of a period! Anyway today I wake up and barely anything is there ! I still have the same bloated, crampy, cold feeling and sometimes when I wipe there is a little brown tinge to the Cervical mucus ..What is going on? Is my period trying to start? I'm 19 and have had my period like clockwork since 5th grade! I believe I ovulated normally on the 19th or 20th and before you ask, no I have not had intercourse( I know sitting on my boyfriends lap with shorts on, even if he had an erection and it was around ovulation time will not get me pregnant)..because sperm doesn't go through clothes 

I'd just like to know if anyone else has had this happen to them? Why would my period sorta start with all of its normal symptoms and then stop?

Hi Guest,

You may be a bit under the weather so to speak. Stress can cause periods to fluctuate quite dramatically. It'll come when its ready.

Well I'm not sick ...but I really hope you are right! I feel like its going to start!