This month I forgot to take my pill when needed. At some stages I would take two or three pills at time. I had unprotected sex on the 14th and 19th of jan. Now I am having light spotting brown with a tinge of redish/pink blood. I have been having frequent headaches this week and slight cramping. I have been so much more sleepy lately. Along with this my stomach turns when I smell certain foods. I'm not due to have my period until the 1st or 2nd of feb. Any chance that I may be pregnant? Can someone please help me!!

Regards.

Hi there! Spotting brown blood is an indication of old, dry blood that is for some reason in the cervix. The most common reason is if you have sexual intercourse and irritation of the cervix causes a little tear. Not enough that it comes flowing out, but like when you urinate or you wipe, you might see it on the tissue. Unless you are passing bright red blood and clots, brown spotting is pretty harmless. Many women experience light bleeding even in between their periods. If you have any doubts do the pregnancy test. I hope this helps.