My mother is diagnosed with terrible disease called endometrial cancer. However, in her diagnosis I read that is adenocarcinoma of the endometrium, so I wonder if that is the same condition. Can you give me explanation, because now I cannot understand anything? I would like also to hear what exactly endometrial cancer is. Who is at risk to get this problem once in a lifetime?

Endometrial cancer has many different terms for the same condition, and adenocarcinoma of endometrium is one of those. Endometrial cancer involves cancerous growth of the endometrium, which is inner lining of the uterus. Endometrial cancer is the most common type of uterine cancer among women. Although the exact cause of endometrial cancer is unknown, increased levels of estrogen appear to have a role if women will get this disease. One of estrogen's normal functions is to stimulate the buildup of epithelial lining of the uterus, so we could understand point of the problem. Increased risk of developing endometrial cancer has been noted in women with increased levels of natural estrogen, which is one of risk factors. Beside these, risks for endometrial cancer have women who have a history of endometrial polyps. We can include some other benign growths of the uterine lining, and postmenopausal women who use estrogen-replacement therapy. Women who suffer of diabetes are also at increased risk.