I feel very badly because I have a friend who did not get instructions on how to take the Clomid. I think this reflects poorly on the medical profession because I can assume that induction of ovarian ovulation can be somewhat complicated. Since I know how she actually needs detailed instructions, I want to help. That is why I am asking you to tell me more about Clomind. How does it work and what my friend should know before she starts to use it.

Definitely, she needs to understand all about Clomid, depending upon what condition she has and which regimen the doctor likes to use. Another reason to induce a menses before therapy with Clomid is to make sure the lining of the uterus is at the right phase for egg implantation. If a menses is induced, then the endometrial lining has had only 14 days of growth and stimulation at the time of ovulation time. When no menses is induced, the endometrium has been growing and been stimulated for 30 or more days. This mean it may not be as receptive to egg implantation as in first case. Finally, if a menses is induced, the doctor knows for sure the same thing you could assume, that you are not pregnant. However, even if you use the most sensitive pregnancy test you could still be pregnant with a negative test. That is why having a menstrual period is the best reassurance that you are not pregnant and that the lining of the uterus is best prepared for an ovulation and potential pregnancy with Clomid. Sometimes a 3-day regimen with Clomid can also be used although it is not quite as successful at inducing ovulation. You must know it may have a slightly higher pregnancy rate since the anti-estrogen effects of Clomid on the endometrium are less pronounced.