hi,I am a 53 yrs old woman, married,never go through child birth,menopause 3 yrs ago but experience virgina bleeding,what could be the cause??thanks

There are so many possible reasons for bleeding in the menopause. Some of them may be benign, some not, so it is very important to see a gynecologist for a check-up.

Considering your vagina is very dry now since the estrogen production has ceased, your vaginal walls are more sensitive now and if you are still having sex, they may get irritated and bleed.

Other possible reasons include cysts on ovaries, polyps on the cervix or uterus, uterine fibroids (benign growths inside of the uterus that could make you bloated and bleed), but also uterine, ovarian or cervical cancer. You are suspected of developing one of these cancers since you never gave birth.

I am not trying to scare you just make you understand that it is essential you saw a doctor. I hope everything turns out well.