Hello! My mom was having this excessive bleeding between her periods and she noticed something was the matter. She went to the clinic to have it checked and they found out she has uterine polops. I would like to know more about this! What causes these uterine polops and how are they treated? Thx!

Uterine polyps are also called endometrial polyps. They are growths that protrude from the lining of the uterus-endometrium. They are usually noncancerous (benign), but cancer may develop in such a polyp. The cause of endometrial polyps is unclear. They may be associated with excess estrogen in the body from hormone therapy or certain ovarian tumors. In order to remove the polyps, a hysterectomy is done or a procedure in which cervix is opened and tissue (endometrium) removed from inside the uterus (dilation and curettage).

Hi there,

My aunt had uterine polyps. She always had very painful periods and excessive bleeding. At first she was listening to her gynecologist who was saying that she needs to get pregnant and after that the situation with her period is going to be better. And she got married and gave birth to two beautiful girls but her periods continue to be very painful and heavy flow was even heavier. So she has changed her gynecologist and she was diagnosed with uterine polyps.

Unfortunately, she had to have hysterectomy. She was in a hospital for about few days and afterwards she needed to watch out not to lift anything heavy. Now she is fine and her stomach isn’t bloated anymore. I hope that your mum is going to be fine as well.