I have heard that Pap smear should not indicate endometrial cancer every time. I read it could be either normal or show abnormal cellular changes. This worried me, because I was thinking it would show endometrial cancer if there is something wrong. Can you tell me if that is true, and then which diagnosing methods should be done to discover endometrial cancer early? I would like to know more about this terrible women’s disease.

A pelvic examination is frequently normal, especially in the early stages of endometrial cancer. Changes in the size, shape, or consistency of the uterus or its surrounding, supporting structures may exist when endometrial cancer is more advanced. Pap smear is done, but also and endometrial aspiration or biopsy may assist the diagnosis. A dilation and curettage procedure may be necessary for diagnosing and evaluating endometrial cancer. Endometrial cancer is the most common type of uterine cancer, but exact cause of endometrial cancer is unknown. Doctors doubt that increased levels of estrogen appear to have a role with appearance of this disease. One of estrogen's normal functions is to stimulate the buildup of the epithelial lining of the uterus, so excess estrogen administered to laboratory animals produces endometrial hyperplasia and cancer.
The incidence of endometrial cancer in women peaks between the ages of 60 and 70 years, but in some cases, it may occur before the age of 40 years. Women who have a history of endometrial polyps or other benign growths of the uterine lining, and those with diabetes are at increased risk. Tamoxifen, a drug used to treat breast cancer, may increase the risk of developing endometrial cancer. Symptoms are bleeding between normal periods in pre-menopausal women, vaginal bleeding or spotting in postmenopausal women, and extremely long, heavy, or frequent episodes of bleeding.