I am 31 years old and for the past couple of months I have been having a brown discharge. Sometime so heavy that it seems like I have started my period. Just this week it has become very heavy and have been clotting continuously. I have never been on birth control and pretty sure there's no chance that I am pregnant. What causes this lengthy dischage and heavy clotting? Should I be worried?

You need to see a gynecologist and see what this could be!
It is quite possible that you have developed certain growths inside of your uterus that often cause such symptoms. These growths are benign and almost never turn to cancer.
It could be uterine fibroids, myomas, or polyps. They grow either from the uterus lining or deep in the uterine walls and muscles. Sometimes they don’t cause any symptoms but sometimes they can be very annoying.

Ovarian cysts could be as annoying. Ovarian cysts are often asymptomatic and go away on their on. However, if they grow to be very big, they may start causing symptoms like breakthrough bleeding, spotting, period problems, pain during intercourse and around ovulation.

Third possible option is endometriosis. Endometriosis is a disorder in which uterine lining grows on other organs besides uterus. This condition can cause many symptoms as well as very heavy periods.

These are just some of the possible causes. It may not be any of these. You may have hormonal problems but you won’t know until you have it checked!