? can u tell me how u get a polip and wat it is

Your question is pretty generalized because a person may get polyps in many places like colon, nose, cervix, uterine, but may also occur elsewhere in the body where mucous membrane exists.

Have you been diagnosed with a polyp. It would be easier if you said where exactly it was found.

Anyway, polyps are usually benign but some of them could turn into cancer after a long time. Polyps are growths from the tissue where there’s a mucosal membrane.

When they are small, they usually don’t cause any trouble but if they big, they certainly could. If they grow in the cervix (beginning of the uterus) or uterus lining, they could cause vaginal bleeding and even impair fertility and cause miscarriage.

The risks of developing colon polyps increase if you are over 50, have a family history of polyps or colon cancer but also if you eat a lot of fatty food, smoke, drink, are overweight and don’t exercise.

Well I'm glad you cleared that up...

the expression "cancerous polip" now makes sense to me...

Red Dwarf :D

***Edited by moderator for tone and content***

Thank you DerrickM for a very complete explanation!

I don't think this "guest" actually has the condition, but was looking for a definition to understand another pop culture quote.

Very good information, however.
Keep up the good work! :-)

jag har en polip i min livesmedel.