Hi, I got results of blood tests and I am disappointed to find out that my cholesterol is increased and I am only 38. I got lipitor to control my cholesterol level. What kind of drug is this?

High cholesterol is creating potential risk for development of other cardiovascular diseases like arthrosclerosis or heart attack. It is important to control your cholesterol levels for maintaining good health and preventing unwilling diseases. Some forms of high cholesterol are inherited and 1 in 5 adults has high cholesterol. Lipitor has properties of lowering total cholesterol by 29% to 45%, "bad," low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol by 39% to 60% and reduce your risk for heart attack and stroke espacailly if you have other risk factors like family history, high blood pressure and low HDL ("good" cholesterol).