Hi everyone,

I'm not really the kind of person for medications and stuff created in the labs. I like it all natural, I always try to avoid things from the pharmacies unless they are natural, which is a rare thing to find in there.

I have high cholesterol and my doctor told me that if I let it be like that, I may end up having a heart attack. I told him that I'm going to treat it and he prescribed me some medications, but like I said, I don't really want to use those so I was hoping that you guys might help me make a good diet here.

Hey Guest,

Well, diets are the most important thing when you want to lower your cholesterol. 

You need to choose healthier fats. Saturated fats, found primarily in red meat and dairy products, raise your total cholesterol and low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, the "bad" cholesterol. As a rule, you should get less than 7 percent of your daily calories from saturated fat. Choose leaner cuts of meat, low-fat dairy and monounsaturated fats found in olive and canola oils for healthier options.

You should also eat fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids don't affect LDL cholesterol. They have other heart benefits, such as helping to increase high-density lipoprotein (HDL, or "good") cholesterol, reducing your triglycerides, a type of fat in your blood, and reducing blood pressure.

I agree with Health n Joy, diets are extremely important here, they are the main thing to talk about if you are trying to lower your cholesterol.

First of all, if you are smoking, you need to quit. Like, at the very moment when you are reading this. Secondly, you need to be on a healthy diet. You can find bunch of these diets online and combine all of them to make something that fits you the best. Third thing, you need to exercise. If you didn't exercise so far, take it step by step, but you definitely need to start.

Okay, thank you, I'll give it a try.

I am a smoker but I don't smoke a lot. It might be hard for me to stop smoking all of a sudden, if you have any advice on how should I make this easier on myself, please tell me.

I'll try to find a diet online. I'll do as you said, I'll try to find a few of them and then I'll try to combine them to make the one that fits me the most. I also heard that fish is very good and healthy and lucky for me, I really love fish.

Good day everyone.
It is very important to eat proper food if you want to remain healthy and prevent heart attack. Also, lowering levels of the bad cholesterol can help you a lot.
For example, if you're looking to lower your cholesterol, the key may be simply changing your morning meal. Can you guess what is it about? It is about oat meals? Anyway, switching up your breakfast to contain two servings of oats can lower LDL ("bad") cholesterol by 5.3% in only 6 weeks. The key to this cholesterol buster is beta-glucan, a substance in oats that absorbs LDL, which your body then excretes. I am eating oat meals for a long time now and I feel really good

Good day folks. This is always amazing topic because anyone in here can share his or hers experience with the rest of us. And I am sure that there are so many people who really want to know more about lowering cholesterol levels. That is really an amazing way to prevent heart attack.

There are a couple of foods that can help you lower your bad cholesterol levels. I love to eat nuts. All nuts are rich in vegetable protein, fibre, heart healthy unsaturated fats, vitamin E, magnesium, potassium, natural plant sterols and a host of beneficial plant nutrients.  30-35g a day of nuts (that is one hand of them) has the potential to lower cholesterol by an average of 5%. Amazing, right? 

Hey. Definitely Omega 3 –fatty acids. This is the best way to prevent heart attack and generally it is very healthy for almost everything. I don’t like oat meal, but I have heard that it is good as well. Now, I am not sure about Vitamin E, because there are two different sides of this story. But, I eat a lot of avocado. Avocados are a potent source of nutrients as well as monounsaturated fatty acids. According to a recent study, adding an avocado a day to a heart-healthy diet can help improve LDL levels in people who are overweight or obese.

Hey there guys.

So remember that any diet program, ANY diet program can help you in preventing any kind of the disease, especially when it comes to heart issues. So all those tips are true. I would add that you can eat any kind of nuts, because they are really amazing for it. But you also need to know that lowering bad cholesterol level is not that easy. It takes a time until it happens. But you need to have will, good plan and good diet program for it. I really hope that this is going to be successful for you. Good luck. 

Well, my wife is following those diet programs for ages. She always had a problems with her cholesterol levels. My wife just loves to eat black lentils. Sometimes this is called beluga lentils because of the beluga caviar they resemble, and it is are less earthy-tasting than most other lentils. Now, all you need to do is to get about 12 grams of protein and 10 grams of fiber in a half-cup cooked. They also have anthocyanins, antioxidants that are also in dark berries. Black lentils hold their shape and texture once cooked. Try them in soups or in salads mixed with chopped veggies and vinaigrette. Even I like it :)