Hello there. I have a question for you regarding partial hearing loss. I’ve heard many things about hearing loss but also I’ve heard that there are persons which have partial hearing loss. What is partial hearing loose and are people that have it aware of this problem? Thank you for your time.

Hearing loss is a full or partial decrease in the ability to detect or understand sounds. The degree of hearing impairment can vary widely from person to person. So, partial hearing loss means that the ear can pick up some sounds, not all of them and people suffering from partial hearing loss can hear speech and other sounds at varying loudness levels. The quality of their hearing is different from day to day and also from situation to situation. Sometimes people affected with partial hearing loss rely on lip-reading and nonverbal signs of a conversation. Some of them may even not be aware of this need.

I am partially deaf and I do know of it, it is not until tests are run that I know how much I miss. I also detest it when people think I am stupid because I am deaf. 2