Hi. My husband has a problem with conductive hearing loss so he can’t understand me when I’m saying something to him. Although I’m trying, my friends told me that people with conductive hearing loss can’t hear consonants well. Is that true? Can something be done regarding this?

Your husband is typical person with hearing loss. As you noticed, he has trouble hearing the consonants in the first place. Consonants convey most of the word information for speech and if he can't hear the consonants clearly, for him people sound like they are mumbling. No matter how hard they try, they are just not getting it all and that can resulted fatigue, frustration, and an increasing reluctance to engage in socially frustrating situations. Solution can be found because generally, with pure conductive hearing loss, the quality of hearing is good, as long as the sound is amplified loud enough to be easily heard.