I have been to the party and day after I noticed something strange in my ears. I have heard a ringing and buzzing sound in my ears. Now I am so much afraid could it happen that I will suffer of hearing impairment? Can you tell me something more about this problem? I am only 17 years old and I wonder could party cause so early hear impairment.

The condition that you described is called tinnitus and it usually lasts until your ears gradually readjust to normal sound levels. Experiencing tinnitus or having to yell to be heard is both signs that the environment you are, or you were in, is too loud. Going to concerts or blasting your stereo occasionally is normal. However, over time, too much exposure to loud noise can lead to a condition known as noise-induced hearing loss, as one type of hearing impairment. Many experts believe that people are losing their hearing at much younger ages than they did just 30 years ago. There are also some other types of hearing impairment that can affect people during their teen years. Unlike hearing loss that is caused by noise, these types of hearing impairment or even hearing loss are not preventable. Some people are born with hearing impairment, and kids and teens can lose their hearing for many reasons. Hearing impairment occurs when there is a problem or damage to one or more parts of the ear. The degree of hearing impairment can vary widely from person to person, depending on stage and cause of problem. One or both ears may be affected, and the hearing impairment may be worse in one ear than in the other.